SSI Trust fund

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's standard operating procedure around here.
Yep, we have a nice thread going on here about whether the SS trust fund actually exists or not and the next thing you know we have a certified public relations expert for the GOP shows up to make sure the thread gets hijacked into the "democrats bad, republicans good" candygram for Mongo that most threads around here devolve into.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who controlled both houses of the legislature as well as the WH?
Who was running the government when medicare part D was passed?
Who controlled congress when Bush proposed his SS fix?

That's not to say the democrats are any better cause they're not. But don't point fingers and try to lay the sins of the republicans at the feet of democrats.

So, is it your point that the Democrats are innocent? I've already said that Bush wasn't conservative enough and that "politicians" (that would be all parties) didn't have any self control. Besides, the Democrats have their own ability of spending like crazy. Just check the spending levels after the 2006 elections.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, we have a nice thread going on here about whether the SS trust fund actually exists or not and the next thing you know we have a certified public relations expert for the GOP shows up to make sure the thread gets hijacked into the "democrats bad, republicans good" candygram for Mongo that most threads around here devolve into.

If I recall correctly, my first post was in regards to the hosing that bondholders of the government might take, based on the hosing that the auto maker's bondholders got. Holding bonds is no guarantee in dealing with the government. As for the hijacking, I believe you had a hand in that as well, so step right up and accept your share of the blame for that.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hobbes is a 100% correct.

Why don't all you self-reliant, pull yourself up by your boot straps, no body deserves anything types give up your SS benefits? Put your money where your mouth is.

I have paid into SS for over a decade. If I could stop paying any future contributions right now into SS, I would and they could keep what I have paid up until now and I would expect nothing more in benefits from SS ever, that is how much faith I have in how the government handles MY money. I could direct my money I pay in alot better than the government.

Latest posts

Top Bottom