Not that it matter's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was also in the mindset of bugging off once but took a break.
I stay out of politics and the general section here is not something I click on very often.

I just like the hunt/fish /shooting/prepping parts of the forum mostly.
Jokes are funny sometimes but nothing more than jokes to me.

If someone gets burned out or peed off try surfing in the sections of the forum that make you happy and stay out of the other stuff.

As far as sending my money for becoming a supporting member.
Never happened. But I did sell some stuff i did not need to someone here that needed it and made then give the money in my name to the forum so now I am a supporting member and with something I was not going to use anyway.

I left for a month or so. Came back to check in last week, I think it was. So many of my buddies have bugged out ... But so many of my buddies are left, too. What's a girl to do? 🤷

Me, personally?? I'll probably always check in at least once a month and make some smart-ass comment. But I'm not giving anybody any of my money.

You wanted a website, it's yours buddy. If it weren't for the members posting what little they do nowadays you wouldn't have a website to beg for money from. And there is at least one other forum out there where all my buddies here know where to find me (and me them). It is an INTERNATIONAL forum that is much bigger than OSA and not going anywhere soon. Sorry but ... Choices. We make them. We live with them. No hard feelers though. 😘

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was on here in the early days and we all were good, most came from other places that we had become disgruntled with. Alas with most things times changed and people left as people came. It’s life. I check in now and then but post rarely. I don’t do much on the computer or phone as I have a kid that I spend time with when not sick. Not saying good people aren’t here, just not me most of the time.

As to the donations, sorry. I have donated before, but I wasn’t begged for it. When begging emails start I look at it like people on the corner with a sign— pull you chit together and work like the people your begging from. I’ve had low times and i didn’t go asking for help.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I have supported this site for the few years I have been on it but when I retired with a great nest egg, Biden took over and the economy went the way of the Do Do, then my daughter and her husband lost their jobs, then she got pregnant and into the hospital and out a few times without insurance, we are living hand to mouth right now holding up two households.

I'm selling a lot of stuff and have tried to get a job but my health keeps screwing me. I now have been doing woodworking and metal working but haven't finished anything I can sell because I need money for parts to finish the projects.

This guy I don't know whines about no money for the website I thoroughly enjoy, I have to set priorities.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to see anyone leave but, if that's what a person needs to do ,I get it. Years ago I was a member of a Fiat tech webpage. It had many members that shared great information from people that knew how to wrench on a Fiat. The guy running it asked for donations to keep it going and many complained about it. So, it was shut down. I joined another Fiat webpage where some of the members don't have the firsthand knowledge of doing work on the cars themselves. I would gladly have paid monthly to have the Fiat tech webpage still going. Just to be clear, I'm not saying anyone has threatened to shut this site down.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It costs money to keep maintained and updated. Donating is 100% voluntary. Everyone is welcome.

Ok ... Not to be the cat in the room but ... Like he didn't know that when he bought the place?? I know he thought he was gonna make a fortune from advertising but ... Ehhhh ... That's like me asking my friends who come over for dinner to "help out" because I didn't anticipate my property tax was gonna go up ... 🤷

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ok ... Not to be the cat in the room but ... Like he didn't know that when he bought the place?? I know he thought he was gonna make a fortune from advertising but ... Ehhhh ... That's like me asking my friends who come over for dinner to "help out" because I didn't anticipate my property tax was gonna go up ... 🤷
understandable, The current owner did buy it as a business. His goal is to make a profit. I won’t deny that. The forum hosting software changed completely and has been added to and tweaked many times. Tech support fees are like paying licensed trades. Hourly rates can for over $100.
It’s still a mostly free site though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom