Starbucks. . . yeah, they done it again. Refused Service to Cops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always said, the biggest fraud ever perpetrated upon the American public was when someone convinced us a cup of coffee was worth $5.

Yeah, but that "American public" has to have their froo-froo coffee flavors and such.

I have to take my own coffee maker when we go visit one of the wife's sisters in Colorado. She doesn't use a regular coffee maker, so it won't do simple Folger's Classic Roast. All her coffee has to have flavors in it. And, her son has to use a "press" and a coffee bean grinder.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but that "American public" has to have their froo-froo coffee flavors and such.

I have to take my own coffee maker when we go visit one of the wife's sisters in Colorado. She doesn't use a regular coffee maker, so it won't do simple Folger's Classic Roast. All her coffee has to have flavors in it. And, her son has to use a "press" and a coffee bean grinder.

Now... I've got a French press and I use it occasionally. It DOES make a good cup of coffee. But I'm not into those k-cup thingies, and I usually just go for the regular drip coffeemaker. I just appreciate a really nice cup of joe, too.

So, sometimes I use Splenda and French vanilla creamer, this is really good with my Community Coffee with chicory and Dunkin' Caramel Coffee Cake flavors mixed. But I also enjoy a cup of plain black chicory coffee at times, too. All depends on my mood at the time.

So it doesn't bother me to drink 'fru-fru' coffee, I drink single malt Scotch neat and can rock a pair of 4" red high heels for a half a mile, so I'm pretty confident in my masculinity.

Ain't nobody takin' my Man Card.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now... I've got a French press and I use it occasionally. It DOES make a good cup of coffee. But I'm not into those k-cup thingies, and I usually just go for the regular drip coffeemaker. I just appreciate a really nice cup of joe, too.

So, sometimes I use Splenda and French vanilla creamer, this is really good with my Community Coffee with chicory and Dunkin' Caramel Coffee Cake flavors mixed. But I also enjoy a cup of plain black chicory coffee at times, too. All depends on my mood at the time.

So it doesn't bother me to drink 'fru-fru' coffee, I drink single malt Scotch neat and can rock a pair of 4" red high heels for a half a mile, so I'm pretty confident in my masculinity.

Ain't nobody takin' my Man Card.

I needed that chuckle...

...today, I'm prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. Clear liquid diet and purging. Needless to say, my attitude isn't great today.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never did get the fascination with the French presses, but my coffee maker takes whole beans and uses a burr grinder. It’s actually easier to use than a normal coffee maker; all I have to do is dump the old grounds, rinse out the basket, put in a new filter, and pour in as much water as it takes to fill my Contigo thermos, then push the Program button for it to do everything else in the morning. Every now and then I have to pour more beans into the hopper, but that’s maybe once per week.

It’s also a pretty good auxiliary alarm clock, as that grinder is pretty loud when it goes to work.

As far as my coffee goes, I like flavored coffee—coffee flavored coffee, that is. I usually get some Costa Rican coffee that I started getting through work, but lately I’ve been drinking Dunkin Donuts coffee. I ran out of coffee a few months ago, and the Dunkin was the only whole bean coffee they had in the small bag, and it turned out to be pretty good stuff.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Kansas police officer found a handwritten vulgarity on the receipt for his coffee Saturday at a Junction City McDonald’s.

Herington Police Chief Brian Hornaday posted on Facebook on Saturday that one of his officers received the coffee with the handwritten note that read “F---ing Pig” when he stopped for the coffee on his way to work.

Hornaday wrote that the company offered the officer a free lunch in compensation.
https://www.kansas.com/news/state/article238793993.html

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Kansas police officer found a handwritten vulgarity on the receipt for his coffee Saturday at a Junction City McDonald’s.

Herington Police Chief Brian Hornaday posted on Facebook on Saturday that one of his officers received the coffee with the handwritten note that read “F---ing Pig” when he stopped for the coffee on his way to work.

Hornaday wrote that the company offered the officer a free lunch in compensation.
https://www.kansas.com/news/state/article238793993.html

Hmm, I knew a JC cop that was kicked out of the academy. Maybe he's the manager.

Oops.

Maybe they should have kicked another one out of the academy.

It was fabricated.

Bad deal. Just as a single employee brings shame on an entire restaurant chain, something like this will make it just a little harder on police officers the next time something like this is reported.

Why in the world would anyone do either of these things? Why do something hateful, and why lie about having it done to you?

Makes no sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom