State Question 777

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a long discussion about this with a friend who's from Iowa. He said the right to farm bill that passed up there seemed great for the first 2-3 years, then Monsanto bought up all the little farmers somehow for pennies on the dollar. I'm trying to find something to back that up but havent found it yet.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then I found this article and it has YES written all over it.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capi...cle_f30b73a0-7e89-5dbc-b622-076df5c1e5c7.html

However, it would seem its written to fool the voters. As was Citizens United.
This protects "farming practices" which means Monsanto can keep using their genetically modified seeds - in case you dont know it, from what I understand, these seeds will eventually be forced on the small farmers to purchase each year because the seeds that will grow from the plant are sterile. Then Monsanto has the farmers by the balls and will charge them out the wazzoo for seeds. Its already happening in ND where another buddy of mine farms about 30,000 acres and now hes set up a seed business and hes making huge bank.

Read the comments.
This comment struck a home run. I'm voting HELL NO.
"This has nothing to protect the right to farm..it is to protect the right of Monsanto to profit from their genetically Modified seed(they produce their own Roundup!).This is to give more and more rights for Con Agra,Cargill,ADM to ruin our soils,air and water to export to countries that are turning into deserts from Global warming..Fascism is here...Tea Party Repubs are for Corporate rule and they are dangerous..Happy Earth Day"

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heres more compelling debate.
http://www.reddirtreport.com/red-dirt-news/concerns-raised-over-state-question-777

This statement reinforces what I posted earlier.

“This measure would not only take away the power of the legislature and municipal governments to regulate agricultural practices, it effectively takes away the power of the people to vote on such changes,” Edmondson said. “The world of industrial agriculture is changing with chemical additives to feed, growth hormones and genetic modifications. I can understand why they want to be free from scrutiny and regulation, but I cannot understand why we should let them.”

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heres more compelling debate.
http://www.reddirtreport.com/red-dirt-news/concerns-raised-over-state-question-777

This statement reinforces what I posted earlier.

“This measure would not only take away the power of the legislature and municipal governments to regulate agricultural practices, it effectively takes away the power of the people to vote on such changes,” Edmondson said. “The world of industrial agriculture is changing with chemical additives to feed, growth hormones and genetic modifications. I can understand why they want to be free from scrutiny and regulation, but I cannot understand why we should let them.”

That's the biggest bunch of horseshit. It's **** like this is why I'll likely vote yes on it. That and HSUS...

Edit: Why is that prick pushing no so hard anyway? He ain't AG no more. He can't shake down Tyson no more! Jeesh!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the biggest bunch of horseshit. It's **** like this is why I'll likely vote yes on it. That and HSUS...

Edit: Why is that prick pushing no so hard anyway? He ain't AG no more. He can't shake down Tyson no more! Jeesh!
No it's not horseshit, that's exactly what 777 does.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom