Stealing garbage bins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
people may use them for storing things in their backyards,or garage,or to cut up and make things out of the plastic..dog house or shelter..riot shield.drip tray .or to replace one that got tore up,, its easy to get a replacement u just go to water dept site with your account number and order a replacement,leave the damaged one at the curb and they will fix it or replace..to keep it from being stolen ,spray paint your house number on it, inside and out,,OKC doesnt keep track of the serial number on the side..

Last edited:

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on the company doing the pickup, some of them DO run the serials on the side. I've seen three different OEMA repossession trucks on my street in the last year. If you have more cans out for trash day than you pay for, yoink.
OTOH, I had a can busted all the way thru by a trash truck, and it was replaced with brand new within 8 hours of me reporting it.

It's entertaining, watching a guy repo a full-to-the-brim trash can with an F250. I know its weird that I've seen that multiple times, but when someone moves out, and the new resident isn't paying for that second trash can but continues to use it, eventually OEMA wants the bin back.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will the City replace a trash bin if its not broken, but just disgusting inside?
not in okc , you just take it to the curb and wash it out inside and out with a gardern hose.OKC has plenty of info on the water dept web site.

Last edited:

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on the company doing the pickup, some of them DO run the serials on the side. I've seen three different OEMA repossession trucks on my street in the last year. If you have more cans out for trash day than you pay for, yoink.
OTOH, I had a can busted all the way thru by a trash truck, and it was replaced with brand new within 8 hours of me reporting it.

It's entertaining, watching a guy repo a full-to-the-brim trash can with an F250. I know its weird that I've seen that multiple times, but when someone moves out, and the new resident isn't paying for that second trash can but continues to use it, eventually OEMA wants the bin back.
yiou have to pay for a second trash can??? here in okc we get 2 trash cans and one Recyling bin on the standard bill..OKC doesnt keep track of the serial numbers, on trash or recycling bins.

Latest posts

Top Bottom