Maybe made in China is good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt it, but it’s at least entertaining.

So I’ve been trying to find myself a decent, but inexpensive soldering station. As I was looking on Amazon, I realized that Amazon is just the US version of AliExpress now. It’s either made in China garbage, decent Chinese replicas of good stuff, or made in China knockoffs marketed as the real deal.

So I go to AliExpress to look at what they have. I’m not in a rush for it, so why not get it cheaper and not support Amazon/some sleezy ahole that’s just reselling stuff they buy off aliexpress?

Here’s some gems I had pop up in my browsing that were apparently “customers who bought this soldering staton also bought”
IMG_3038.png

I might actually have to buy this for my bike. I typically ride at 5-6ish. You can’t have too many lights.
IMG_3041.png

Kinda need this too, holy cow.
IMG_3043.png

Ring of penis in the night anyone?
IMG_3039.png

Apparently China like trump too. They were selling shirts with his mugshot on it too.
IMG_3040.png
This last one really kills me, being made in China, sold and advertised on aChinese site

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anything related to soldering, wires, or PCBs should come from China because that's where 99% of it takes place nowadays. They know that area better than any other country.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything related to soldering, wires, or PCBs should come from China because that's where 99% of it takes place nowadays. They know that area better than any other country.
True, and I've got to start looking at aliexpress more often. Amazon truly has gone downhill in a real bad way. Not a fan of the company regardless, but now you can't do business with them for quality retail stuff, to be honest.

The same Yihua 982 soldering station. I've heard these are great, and at $50, they're a lot easier on the pocket than a comparable Weller setup that's gonna run me $900. Amazon is selling the same exact one for $152, and ships within 1-2 months. I can order direct from China for 1/3 of the cost, and it will be here within 12 days. If not, they give me a whole dollar for it being later.

yihua982.PNG
yihua2.PNG

Latest posts

Top Bottom