Stealing garbage bins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not in okc , you just take it to the curb and wash it out inside and out with a gardern hose.OKC has plenty of info on the water dept web site.
Not sure a garden hose is gonna cut it, may have to take it to the car wash and blast it while suited up in my bio Hazzard rig lol.
Or even easier, take a hammer to a wheel.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ponca tried the trash bins years ago in the 80’s.
They were about 150 gallons? Meant to be picked up by a truck to be dumped.
Lids that were about 3’ in diameter started disappearing.
The first big snowstorm that came around showed a lot of those lids used as sleds, with some 4-6 tied together in a chain, typically pulled by an ATC.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure a garden hose is gonna cut it, may have to take it to the car wash and blast it while suited up in my bio Hazzard rig lol.
Or even easier, take a hammer to a wheel.
do we need to call the EPA on you??? lol,,,,,they can replace a wheel ,,you will need to rip off the mount where the axle goes in,or cut a 2ft hole in one side with a reciprocating saw,(fine blade),while standing with one foot inside to hold bin in place,cut the 2 ft piece into 4 pieces get rid of them in plastic bags ,,one per trash can,,then swap with a good one at a empty rent house near you at 3 am,walk slow the hard wheels make noise,.has to have major damage before they will replace it,, Dont ask me how i know..

Last edited:

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here they keep a copy of the serial number when it is assigned to a address and if/when they repo one a guy will go behind the trash truck and pick it up after it is dumped. And every so often a truck will eat the can when they dump it but usually the driver will call it in and someone will bring a replacement out.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
do we need to call the EPA on you??? lol,,,,,they can replace a wheel ,,you will need to rip off the mount where the axle goes in,or cut a 2ft hole in one side with a reciprocating saw,(fine blade),while standing with one foot inside to hold bin in place,cut the 2 ft piece into 4 pieces get rid of them in plastic bags ,,one per trash can,,then swap with a good one at a empty rent house near you at 3 am,walk slow the hard wheels make noise,.has to have major damage before they will replace it,, Dont ask me how i know..
EPA, UMMM
Well, no lol
I just want a new clean bin, pretty sure I've paid for hundreds of them over all

Latest posts

Top Bottom