Stihl grass / leaf blower ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well after eleven years my $150.00 Stihl BG-55 gas blower finally said adios yesterday.......it's time for a new one.

The blower was dependable and always only a three pull start from day one even after sitting all winter (I use Sta-Bil for easy spring starts).

What do you think, should I just assume the new new Stihl BG-55's are still made as good as they were eleven years ago and go buy another and hope for the best ?

For those that have bought a blower, in the past season or two, what brand and model are you having good or bad luck with ?

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well since I have 3 Stihl chainsaws 2 weed eaters and one blower I would never consider another brand. One of my weed eaters is 21 years old and still going. I'm really surprised your blower only lasted 11 years. Good luck

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
what happened with it? it's unlikely that the engine is bad but not impossible. bad carb? bad plug?

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Well after eleven years my $150.00 Stihl BG-55 gas blower finally said adios yesterday.......it's time for a new one.

The blower was dependable and always only a three pull start from day one even after sitting all winter (I use Sta-Bil for easy spring starts).

What do you think, should I just assume the new new Stihl BG-55's are still made as good as they were eleven years ago and go buy another and hope for the best ?

For those that have bought a blower, in the past season or two, what brand and model are you having good or bad luck with ?

Ditto on my BG 55 after 13 years; bad carb and ignition module; $100 to fix or buy new one. Went with new one, same model.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stihl is my brand of choice. I have a blower/leaf vac and a Kombi System with weed eater, edger, brush cutter, and power sweeper. Probably going to buy another power head very shortly.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another Stihl Fanboy here...

FS130R string trimmer with hedge trimmer and pole saw attachements
BR600 Magnum blower
BG85 hand held

Waiting for my old Echo chainsaw to die so I can round out the family...

Apogee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a Stihl fan for a long time. Got new blower and weedeater couple of years ago, the new stuff doesn't seem as well built as the old stuff, and for some reason seems to suck down gas at an alarming rate. I got all Echo stuff with a lawn business I bought, I like it quite a bit better.

They are both good, but I am starting to prefer the Echo equipment.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a Stihl fan for a long time. Got new blower and weedeater couple of years ago, the new stuff doesn't seem as well built as the old stuff, and for some reason seems to suck down gas at an alarming rate. I got all Echo stuff with a lawn business I bought, I like it quite a bit better.

They are both good, but I am starting to prefer the Echo equipment.

Echo on their pro level stuff is great. On the homeowner end is junk, imho.

Latest posts

Top Bottom