ICE agents in OK county jail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess OKC will be a sanctuary city soon; makes me wanna puke a little.

https://www.news9.com/story/4082718...ner-defends-housing-ice-agents-in-county-jail

Two ICE agents have been housed at the county jail since 2015. Jail officials said it expedites the federally mandated process of notifying ICE when someone who isn't a citizen is arrested.

For an hour and a half Monday, citizens and advocates pleaded with the Oklahoma County Jail Trust to not allow the ICE agents to continue to work inside the jail and cease all cooperation.

“Families in Oklahoma do not feel safer with those two agents sitting in the Oklahoma County Jail,” said one speaker.

“Please use your limited power wisely and humanely, do not willingly cooperate with the unnecessarily brutal and inhumane abuses at the federal level,” said another speaker.

The issue was brought up by jail trust member, former State Senator Ben Brown, who said having ICE agents at the jail was counter to what he believes city leaders and he would want.

But Commissioner Brian Maughan defended the policy.

“The law is the law, and currently this is in place and we have to follow it,” he said. “We don’t want to become a society where we’re just going to shirk our responsibility to follow the law.”

Maughan said having ICE agents at the jail has helped identify individuals who have committed serious crimes. And getting them out of local jurisdiction as soon as possible is a big savings to the county and taxpayers.

“If we’re picking up major drug traffickers or if there are serious violation of law, there’s also a great chance they did that elsewhere and there are federal holds on them. In many cases they worked on getting those extradited right away, so it eliminates us from having that expense there.”

At this point, the jail trust doesn't have operational authority yet to make any changes regarding this issue.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Mayor of OKC recently said that migrants were welcome in OKC which reminded me of Blasio of NYC and Los Angeles and what those cities are becoming.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the politically correct labeling of these illegal aliens really drives me nuts. :angry3:

They are illegal aliens! It's like calling a murderer a '"Gene Pool Limiter", or an "Oxygen Preservationist", or some such. Keep the ICE agents in where they can do the most good. Go ahead. Call them "Illegal Alien Desecrators", or "Sanctuary Deniers", or "Human Dignity Scoffers" if you'd like. Just let them do their job of protecting the rest of us from the diseases they bring across the border, the strain they put on government services, and the loss of jobs an honest citizen can do that will actually pay taxes in support of the government rather than be a drain.

Woody

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I found it interesting while watching the news that right after there was a statement made by a spokesperson, on a previous story, that OKC police don't ask about legal status, then there is this report that ICE agents are stationed at the OK county jail.

I guess I thought that those two LE agencies would handle illegals the same way. Apparently not.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All that matters is what the Chamber of Commerce and it's members think. They write the campaign donation checks and if they don't want ICE operating at the jail, eventually ICE won't operate at the jail. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom