Stolen guns---- help osa!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK then..
.wheres the first place a person is gonna look ?...in the safe, so maybe not that safe of a place

How about dispercing them around the house ?....Youll Never find all of them, maybe one

Thievery is thievery. I lean towards that country that cuts off a hand, you might see several people with one hand, but I bet you wont find many with ...No hands

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK then..
.wheres the first place a person is gonna look ?...in the safe, so maybe not that safe of a place

How about dispercing them around the house ?....Youll Never find all of them, maybe one

Thievery is thievery. I lean towards that country that cuts off a hand, you might see several people with one hand, but I bet you wont find many with ...No hands

I cannot totally dismiss this train of thought, even if it seems over board on its face.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I hear you, but I couldnt hold him responsible unless it was a case of him providing a gun to someone knowing they were going to commit a crime with it. Then, all bets are off.
I dont know the op, so I cant speak as to his state of mind about feeling guilt in the event they are used that way.

You tread dangerous waters taking my side on some of this, Uncle Money Bags. But I understand because you had weapons drilled into your psyche, and you know the importance of securing them. I had to speak up about this crap. You know what would have happened to us if we lost a weapon. There is a big difference between locking them up and just leaving them out.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You tread dangerous waters taking my side on some of this, Uncle Money Bags. But I understand because you had weapons drilled into your psyche, and you know the importance of securing them. I had to speak up about this crap. You know what would have happened to us if we lost a weapon. There is a big difference between locking them up and just leaving them out.

I can promise you there are plenty who agree with you, at least for the most part. they just have better manners than us!

Torch Red Tulsan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a non sequitur. Sometimes;well many times, extending an argument to an absurd conclusion does not further the conversation.

How is it absurd that stolen goods could be used to purchase a firearm??

Let's try this then. What precautions do you take to make sure no one steals your car and uses it for a crime? Or do criminals only use cars they legally purchased themselves?

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK then..

I pretty much feel the same way. I am guilty of leaving a couple laying around most are put up. But there are a couple that are handy at all times.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is it absurd that stolen goods could be used to purchase a firearm??

Let's try this then. What precautions do you take to make sure no one steals your car and uses it for a crime? Or do thieves only use cars they legally purchased themselves?

I concede that my point may have not been clear. Leaving your tv unsecured and leaving your weapons unsecured are two totally different things. It would be unreasonable; or absurd, to assume that someone who steals your tv would be doing so to buy a weapon and hurt some body. The same could be said about the theft of a car. perhaps you missed my point about the ultimate responsibility I mentioned in a previous post.

"By the same token, I would not hold the owner responsible for any damage that may be perpetrated by the thief with the guns in question. "

this would apply to the situation you have mentioned in this post as well.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I pretty much feel the same way. I am guilty of leaving a couple laying around most are put up. But there are a couple that are handy at all times.

I read occasionally on OSA where people keep one in the medicine cabinet. Everyone reads OSA, and reads that stuff. Where do you think they're headed? Mine are on me. I can't carry at work, but I have a dedicated gun safe mounted in the cab. My guns that aren't on me - and there are several, are in the safe, at this very moment. If someone busts open the safe, at least I can say I had them in the safe and not laying around when I was at work or something. It is known that nothing can stop a determined thief, but it is the effort at prevention that I consider to be the altruism.

Latest posts

Top Bottom