Stolen guns---- help osa!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If somebody gets killed with some of those guns he left laying around, I hope it comes back to haunt him. If they busted into his safe and took them, I'd be totally on his side. But he doesn't have a safe, and I'm not on his side.

So if you don't own a safe you shouldn't own guns? Does not owning a safe make a gun owner irresponsible? Just curious....

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It dont matter if u have a safe or not if a theif wants what u have he is going to get it no matter what if u think im wrong then ask all the banks in the past that had the bank broke into and the safe broke into and all the money stolen and YET u trust the banks with ur money, yeah i know the banks are insured but it still the fact that a safe isnt really a safe place to put things.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On second thought. I know many Alaskan's that will not lock their car doors when leaving them unattended. Their reasoning is that it's cheaper to replace what was stolen then it is to replace the broken passanger window. I've even heard a few people say they'll leave a couple of dollar bills sticking out of the ashtray in hopes they'll just grab it and move on.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are a number of instances where the damage done to the vehicle/building/safe is more expensive than the items that are stolen.

It's common for aircraft owners to leave an aircraft unlocked because the damage to the plane is often more expensive to fix than replacing the things taken out of it. $600 headset is stolen, but the thief did $6,000 in damage getting into the cockpit (and that's getting off cheap!). Of course, that scenario is a little different than a car. Most thieves generally speaking won't try and steal the plane. Heck, most of them wouldn't even know how to get it started even if the key was left in the ignition, much less do any of the 50 other things it takes to get the plane moving much less off the ground... except that one jackass kid in Florida... but I digress.

A car is a different story. Leave 5 bucks in the cup holder in the hopes that THAT is all they will take? I would think a thief would say "hey, if they're stupid enough to leave money out, I wonder what they tried to hide! Since I'm already in the car, lets see what else we can find..."

Nope. Lock that sucker up. leave nothing of value out.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a walk-in gun vault, its climate controlled just under 1000 sq feet, almost always has two dogs that i leave locked inside. I even have a TV and a computer with internet access in my gun vault.

Latest posts

Top Bottom