String trimmers (time again)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just buy good fuel and oil and rotate it each month,the gas trimmers have more power,but can be problematic with ethanol gas.

I agree. Fuel can kill even the toughest of machines. I only use non-ethanol in all my mowers, dirt bikes, chain saw, etc. And I even add Stabil in for added measure. Oh, and I have had a Toro Gas weed eater that has failed to give up the ghost no matter how much I abuse it.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curved shaft or straight and why?
I have used a few curved shafts so far, is there an advantage to the straight shaft?

Straight shaft would be the better choice. Longer reach, makes it easier to get under and around some things. It also keeps it away from your feet/legs, not bumping it with your shins, etc. I honestly cannot use a curved shaft trimmer comfortably.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Straight shaft echo, will out work all others and cost half as much as a sthil and last 10 years, tune-up kit and parts at home depot.

HKCHEF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I maintain 3 of my own acres and 3 plus for my parents.

All of my small tools are husqvarna.
Chainsaw
Brushcutter
Weed eater
Pole saw

All have performed great. The main reason I went with husqvrna was due to the extended warranty offered thru Lowes. I use the hell out of my equipment and the warranty has come thru twice with the chainsaw once rolling a huge log on the saw and crushing it and another time throwing a chain tearing up a gear. Both times took the saw in and was handed a new one off the shelf no fuss.

Stihl and echo are also great products.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curved shaft or straight and why?
I have used a few curved shafts so far, is there an advantage to the straight shaft?

Curved shaft because I am frugal, and it is all I need. I only have a residential yard. It works great and am very pleased. It is very easy to start.

Yes, the straight shaft are more for commercial. It is the GT225.

It also said,in the manual, to NOT use Ethanol, which I never use it (even in my vehicles).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom