"Student dies after trying to enter wrong car: police"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lethal force encounters generally develop very quickly and a person may have only a second or two to react before it's too late or, at a minimum, before you're behind the power curve.

It's easy to armchair quarterback a lot of these decisions after the fact. But when they're actually happening it's not quite so easy and seemingly non-threatening.
Well yeah… but it’s fun to armchair QB this stuff sometimes! Ha

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely not enough info to draw any firm conclusions. Although it smells fishy…

If you’re carrying a gun you shouldn’t immediately reach for it the moment you feel slightly threatened. Grow a pair and observe the situation, asses the treat, before ventilating a persons chest.

There was a video circulating recently where a dad shot his teen daughters ex boyfriend when he broke into the front door. I understand the kid forced entry, but he was a unarmed kid… a full grown man could’ve stood up to him and not immediately went John wick with the Glock
Have gun in hand then access the situation. I read about the kid trying to get in. Tragic situation. Read a couple years back where a young girl hid in a closet and was going to jump out and scare her father when he got home. He heard a noise got his .357 and shot his daughter to death when she jumped out of the closet. Very sad. Horrible incident. People need to think in milli seconds and train their brains to assert the situation quickly. Train at the range. Train, Train!

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reason number 7,483 to drive a car that looks different than every other freaking car on the road. I know that's not at all the point of this thread but still. I have never ever ever mistakenly gotten into the wrong car or tried to get in the wrong car but my cars have always stood out in the parking lot. I have seen my dad to get in the wrong blue F-150 before and it wouldn't start with his key. I'm guessing that it happens quite a bit and 99.999% of the time the people making the error are not drunk and belligerent or aggressive and then realize their mistake and feel embarrassed. But if you are belligerent and aggressive and trying to gain entry to my car sometimes you get but you get. Obviously we don't know all the details here, but I'm guessing its not just a drunk guy walking up to the car, pulling on the handle, realizing his mistake and saying my bad and trying to leave and being shot in the back.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did something similar a few years ago. Coming out of the McDonalds on the Turner Turnpike.....wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. I opened the driver's door attempting to get in when I noticed and elderly man was already sitting there. Immediately I noticed I had gone to a red pickup rather than my new blue one ( my previous pickup was red ) I did an immediate embarrassed "excuse me" and moved a couple of spaces over to my truck. I sat there thinking. " I was lucky I was not just shot !! " It was an eye opener for me. I now pay attention whenever traversing a parking lot.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Andrew Branca sometimes says, "awful but lawful".

The truly scary stuff about CCW.

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A University of Tampa student died after trying to get into the wrong car early Saturday morning, police said.

The student had been out with friends before taking an Uber home. According to the Tampa Police Department, after getting out of his Uber, the student tried to force his way into the vehicle of another man parked nearby. The driver shot the student in the chest, saying he feared for his life.

The student died at the scene.

In a campus-wide email, the University of Tampa said in part, “Our heartfelt condolences go out to the student’s family and friends, as well as all who were affected by this incident. The University values all members of the community and mourns this tragic loss.”

“It’s so scary and awful that happened,” said freshman student Erika Roberti. “That’s just so bad.”

“It just seems like something that would never happen, especially in this kind of city,” freshman Emily Ollendorff said. “It was very shocking to hear and kind of confusing. We obviously don’t know the full details about it.”

The shooter remained at the scene and is cooperating with detectives, the police department said. Any potential charges would be decided by the State Attorney’s office.

https://fox4kc.com/news/national/st...EXro85qvVaHnPqzsQxdqg6Jqz3mHKb_uzk-Mlz8hwvUl8
IF ANYONE tries to FORCE their way into someone else's car, they could be, and should be, repulsed by any means necessary! This article is trying to imply, because this guy was a student, young, stupid, etc. that makes it OK?

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 5 years ago, my wife and I were returning to OK from AL. We stopped at a McDonalds in Memphis around 0200 Hrs for her to make a pit-stop and get some coffee for me. I stayed in the car. 3 young men approached the restaurant from a dark, adjacent parking lot. Our German Shepherd was in the back seat and my 1911 was under my right thigh. The trio paused next to our vehicle (a 2000 Excursion Diesel with tinted windows). Dixie (our dog) sat there watching them quietly. One of them came up to the rear passenger door and looked in cupping his hands against the window….. The dog exploded into action, barking and growling with her nose right in front of his face. The young man jumped back falling on his back. I never touched the pistol, I was laughing too hard…..

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reason number 7,483 to drive a car that looks different than every other freaking car on the road. I know that's not at all the point of this thread but still. I have never ever ever mistakenly gotten into the wrong car or tried to get in the wrong car but my cars have always stood out in the parking lot. I have seen my dad to get in the wrong blue F-150 before and it wouldn't start with his key. I'm guessing that it happens quite a bit and 99.999% of the time the people making the error are not drunk and belligerent or aggressive and then realize their mistake and feel embarrassed. But if you are belligerent and aggressive and trying to gain entry to my car sometimes you get but you get. Obviously we don't know all the details here, but I'm guessing its not just a drunk guy walking up to the car, pulling on the handle, realizing his mistake and saying my bad and trying to leave and being shot in the back.
My dad realizing how his incident could have gone wrong bought one of the little foam walmart smiley things and glued over his outside radio antenna.
After both my parents passed, my sister owns that vehicle now and that foam thing is still on the antenna.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dunno, that's why I posted it.
IF ANYONE tries to FORCE their way into someone else's car, they could be, and should be, repulsed by any means necessary! This article is trying to imply, because this guy was a student, young, stupid, etc. that makes it OK?
Car jacking is a killable offense in Ok if I remember correctly without looking up the actual statute.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Car jacking is a killable offense in Ok if I remember correctly without looking up the actual statute.
I remember one incident in Tulsa, and this info, came directly from the local news cast, so it must be accurate? Two guys were road ragging each other, they both pulled over, and got out of their cars, one shot and killed the other, and was convicted of, something, man slaughter I think? They said had the shooter, stayed in his car, and been attaked, he would haver been justified in this shooting?

Latest posts

Top Bottom