"Student dies after trying to enter wrong car: police"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I understand it.

Some states have Castle Doctrine and in some states it extends to your vehicle.

This is where it gets hazy, some states say that actual entry into the "castle" has to be made and others say if the threat of actual entry is viable the law applies.

The law also doesn't differentiate if the occupant is a 25 year old NFL linebacker or 55 year old with a bad back. Beyond the pages of a law book we know it makes all the difference in the world same as it would be in a court trial with a jury having weeks to put themselves in the place of the defendant.

So I dunno.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I understand it.

Some states have Castle Doctrine and in some states it extends to your vehicle.

This is where it gets hazy, some states say that actual entry into the "castle" has to be made and others say if the threat of actual entry is viable the law applies.

The law also doesn't differentiate if the occupant is a 25 year old NFL linebacker or 55 year old with a bad back. Beyond the pages of a law book we know it makes all the difference in the world same as it would be in a court trial with a jury having weeks to put themselves in the palce of the defendant.

So I dunno.
Many years ago a frioend was camping in Florida with his wife, and two small grand children! Two black guys kicked in his RV door,and started in. He shot once, and killed both of them, with a head shot! This shooting was ruled justifiable, but he had to hire a lawyer, then everyone that knew these guys sued him, more lawyers! This draged on several years, and he won every case that went to trial, and some were dropped! WINNING cost him $400,000.00, 20 odd years ago!

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you’re carrying a gun you shouldn’t immediately reach for it the moment you feel slightly threatened. Grow a pair and observe the situation, asses the treat, before ventilating a persons chest.

There was a video circulating recently where a dad shot his teen daughters ex boyfriend when he broke into the front door. I understand the kid forced entry, but he was a unarmed kid… a full grown man could’ve stood up to him and not immediately went John wick with the Glock
Okay now macho man not all of us have to carry our huevos in a wheel barrow like you do apparently. As a man that has been on both the sending and receiving end of a butt whipping I can tell you for a fact, you don't know what someone else knows. If you want to wait around with your thumb up your nose to find out; that's on you big boy. Your fawn and wait strategy doesn't have a practical application in the real world.

Would you tell your mother, wife or daughter that kind of pathetic advise?

Then legally speaking do you want to live in some communist state that tells you to run or wait until there is no other option before lethal force is justifiable.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many years ago a frioend was camping in Florida with his wife, and two small grand children! Two black guys kicked in his RV door,and started in. He shot once, and killed both of them, with a head shot! This shooting was ruled justifiable, but he had to hire a lawyer, then everyone that knew these guys sued him, more lawyers! This draged on several years, and he won every case that went to trial, and some were dropped! WINNING cost him $400,000.00, 20 odd years ago!
Yeah, there are likely going to be 3 fights in self defense, the fight with the bad guy, the fight with the criminal justice system and the fight in civil court, all are potentially life destroying.

I know some people hate the idea of self defense insurance but it's probably a good idea.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, there are likely going to be 3 fights in self defense, the fight with the bad guy, the fight with the criminal justice system and the fight in civil court, all are potentially life destroying.

I know some people hate the idea of self defense insurance but it's probably a good idea.
Ditto on the insurance

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely not enough info to draw any firm conclusions. Although it smells fishy…

If you’re carrying a gun you shouldn’t immediately reach for it the moment you feel slightly threatened. Grow a pair and observe the situation, asses the treat, before ventilating a persons chest.

There was a video circulating recently where a dad shot his teen daughters ex boyfriend when he broke into the front door. I understand the kid forced entry, but he was a unarmed kid… a full grown man could’ve stood up to him and not immediately went John wick with the Glock
sorry you break in my house you're getting shot

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember one incident in Tulsa, and this info, came directly from the local news cast, so it must be accurate? Two guys were road ragging each other, they both pulled over, and got out of their cars, one shot and killed the other, and was convicted of, something, man slaughter I think? They said had the shooter, stayed in his car, and been attaked, he would haver been justified in this shooting?
Sounds about right. You don't escalate a confrontation by stepping out.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay now macho man not all of us have to carry our huevos in a wheel barrow like you do apparently. As a man that has been on both the sending and receiving end of a butt whipping I can tell you for a fact, you don't know what someone else knows. If you want to wait around with your thumb up your nose to find out; that's on you big boy. Your fawn and wait strategy doesn't have a practical application in the real world.

Would you tell your mother, wife or daughter that kind of pathetic advise?

Then legally speaking do you want to live in some communist state that tells you to run or wait until there is no other option before lethal force is justifiable.
Dang bro way to call me out…

Please forgive my “macho” sounding locker room talk. I’m honestly just conversing on here for fun, in my spare time, BSing I suppose. Forgive my ignorance… I will make to sure I’m a bit more guarded and not say stupid sounding s*** on here! Because apparently someone is always laying in wait to call you out (not just you)

All that being said… I guess what I’m trying to say is, I feel like the 2a community may sometimes go a little overboard with the whole “blast a mother***£££ nthe moment you’re threatened “ mentality. I know it’s not popular here, but it is a point of view.

Also yes I would give my mother, wife, or daughter the “pathetic advise” of asses a threat thoroughly prior to unleashing hellfire

No I don’t want to live in some euro style commie state where it’s run and wait. If you read my posts I’m all for castle doctrine etc… that being said I also wouldn’t want to live around a bunch of armed jumpy, finger on the trigger, scaredy-cats either

We’re on the same team man. No harm in banter. But geez you called me out pretty strongly

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang bro way to call me out…

Please forgive my “macho” sounding locker room talk. I’m honestly just conversing on here for fun, in my spare time, BSing I suppose. Forgive my ignorance… I will make to sure I’m a bit more guarded and not say stupid sounding s*** on here! Because apparently someone is always laying in wait to call you out (not just you)

All that being said… I guess what I’m trying to say is, I feel like the 2a community may sometimes go a little overboard with the whole “blast a mother***£££ nthe moment you’re threatened “ mentality. I know it’s not popular here, but it is a point of view.

Also yes I would give my mother, wife, or daughter the “pathetic advise” of asses a threat thoroughly prior to unleashing hellfire

No I don’t want to live in some euro style commie state where it’s run and wait. If you read my posts I’m all for castle doctrine etc… that being said I also wouldn’t want to live around a bunch of armed jumpy, finger on the trigger, scaredy-cats either

We’re on the same team man. No harm in banter. But geez you called me out pretty strongly
once someone batters your door down the time for wait and assessment is over

Latest posts

Top Bottom