Stuff to do in Hawaii?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not sure, we haven’t gotten that far. We tend to plan on the fly.

Ok she didn't grow up on O'ahu but she said she would call her mom and ask when you get a little more info for her. I'll copy and paste what she texted to me so far when I get done cleaning up this mess -- we've been putting in baseboards, putting new furniture together and cleaning house ...

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Count on eating at L&L BBQ. Really good stuff and very reasonable food prices especially for over there. Check out the green sand beach on the big island, as well as Volcanoes national park.

Personally, I like the Big Island better ---- sooooooooooooo many less people.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
That little green lizard was at the zipline house on Hawaii just south a bit from Hilo. We had the most fun on Hilo but had to cut it short as there were two Tsunamis/hurricanes headed for Hilo. We flew out a few days early to Honolulu then the damn storms split and one headed NW and another headed SW missing Hilo.

Oh yeah, you have to learn how to spell and pronounce the state fish, Humuhumunukunukuapua'a.

1669251705841.png

I asked a local how he pronounced it.

He said, 'fish".

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Count on eating at L&L BBQ. Really good stuff and very reasonable food prices especially for over there. Check out the green sand beach on the big island, as well as Volcanoes national park.

Gawd I love L&L. I’ve driven down to Dallas just to eat there. It was my drunk food spot of choice when I was stationed in California. If you haven’t tried it, F’s hawaian food truck over off E 31st and S Mingo is a little hit or miss, but typically pretty solid. I go there every time I’m in town, eat in the parking lot of green country pawn, and then go look at their wares. Actually got a good deal on a Burris scout scope a few visits ago.

I do think we will try and go to the different islands. We both enjoy limited people interaction. Green sand sounds pretty neat too.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gawd I love L&L. I’ve driven down to Dallas just to eat there. It was my drunk food spot of choice when I was stationed in California. If you haven’t tried it, F’s hawaian food truck over off E 31st and S Mingo is a little hit or miss, but typically pretty solid. I go there every time I’m in town, eat in the parking lot of green country pawn, and then go look at their wares. Actually got a good deal on a Burris scout scope a few visits ago.

I do think we will try and go to the different islands. We both enjoy limited people interaction. Green sand sounds pretty neat too.
I liked staying in Hilo although Kona seems more popular on the big island. You can drive the whole perimeter in a couple hours and it's worth the drive. The green sand beach is at the southwestern corner of the island. Protip: pay the locals the $20 to take you. The drive is treacherous and walking takes forever. Sampling coffee in Kona is nice too.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

We had a great time on the Big Island and you're right, a lot less people. So many things to see there including the green sand beach which is really neat and depending on what time of year you go you can even snow ski on the big island.

Latest posts

Top Bottom