Stupid Guns Show Quotes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the Lawton Gun show today. Waste of time. Maybe everyone is getting ready for the Wanamacher in two weeks.

Anyway, as I'm looking at tables I decide to pick something up. Guy has a semi Uzi (Century Arms I think) with a 16" barrel. He goes on to tell me (unsolicited) that he builds 'em. Yep, you can't import them anymore, but he can get all the Israeli parts and put them together.
Fine.
Couldn't bring myself to tell him that the same gun was being sold everywhere else by people that didn't build them.
So, since he builds Uzis, I as him if he has any .45 barrels or bolts.
He just looks at me kinda stunned and says "no, I just build Uzis to be Uzis"
OK, one last shot.
How much is it?
$1200.00
Damn.

Then I wander on down to another set of tables.
They have some DPMS LPKs for $49.00.
Figure I don't want the entire show to be a loss.
I ask the guy for one of them and then ask if they have any LPKs for the M16.
Guy calls his dad over, dad looks thru the cases and brings me the LPK for the AR15 (which I wanted anyway).
He says, here you go.
OK. But do you have any for the M16?
This is the same thing.
No it isn't.
Yes it is, except for the trigger group it is the same thing. I used to be a gunsmith out at Fort Sill.
OK, then you know that the hammer, disconnector, selector and trigger are very different between the AR15 and the M16.
Yeah, a little. But if you want those parts for an M16, the only way to get them is to go through a background check.
HUH?

I don't know.

In the words of Bill Engvall, "I hate stupid people".

I should have worn my "Stamp Collector" tshirt, but I think it would have been lost on these guys.

Dave

Makes me glad I did not go.

If you are looking for some spare M16 FCG parts and want actual Colt parts go to Brownells or Specialized Armament Warehouse, but be prepared for sticker shock.

jstone

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Im looking for a grip to put on the front and anything else that y'all might think I might need. (rock river M4)

Attachments

• image-1176775086.jpg
    image-1176775086.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 131

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm so glad I didn't go now; I was beating myself up for not going, but I heard it was 12 dollars to get in and maybe it was on Saturday, but I refuse to pay to go where they want you to buy something. I have plenty of money, but it's the principle of the thing to me. If those selling something would have paid for their space themselves, their was a good chance they could have made a good sales off of me as I am in the gun-buying mode right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom