Stupid Guns Show Quotes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the Lawton Gun show today. Waste of time. Maybe everyone is getting ready for the Wanamacher in two weeks.

Anyway, as I'm looking at tables I decide to pick something up. Guy has a semi Uzi (Century Arms I think) with a 16" barrel. He goes on to tell me (unsolicited) that he builds 'em. Yep, you can't import them anymore, but he can get all the Israeli parts and put them together.
Fine.
Couldn't bring myself to tell him that the same gun was being sold everywhere else by people that didn't build them.
So, since he builds Uzis, I as him if he has any .45 barrels or bolts.
He just looks at me kinda stunned and says "no, I just build Uzis to be Uzis"
OK, one last shot.
How much is it?
$1200.00
Damn.

Then I wander on down to another set of tables.
They have some DPMS LPKs for $49.00.
Figure I don't want the entire show to be a loss.
I ask the guy for one of them and then ask if they have any LPKs for the M16.
Guy calls his dad over, dad looks thru the cases and brings me the LPK for the AR15 (which I wanted anyway).
He says, here you go.
OK. But do you have any for the M16?
This is the same thing.
No it isn't.
Yes it is, except for the trigger group it is the same thing. I used to be a gunsmith out at Fort Sill.
OK, then you know that the hammer, disconnector, selector and trigger are very different between the AR15 and the M16.
Yeah, a little. But if you want those parts for an M16, the only way to get them is to go through a background check.
HUH?

I don't know.

In the words of Bill Engvall, "I hate stupid people".

I should have worn my "Stamp Collector" tshirt, but I think it would have been lost on these guys.

Dave

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least you won't be disappointed by the size of the Wannenmacher show. Plus, maybe the Tactical Girls will be there.

One guy in front of me at the gunshow today declined to go in once he found out it was a $9 entrance fee.

abinok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard a guy ask the person he was purchasing a cheap, crappy, chi-com scope if he could boresight it before he leaves. The vendor looks at the fellow as he is not carrying a rifle. Vendor inquires "wheres the rifle?" idiot replies... "at home... um do you need the rifle to do that?"

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just hope the wannamacher isnt a total disappointment....

ahahahahahaahah Wait for it. Yea ammo is going to be sky high. Magazines will be super high because of the idiot in Arizona. The hoverrounds will clog all isles. People will carry around the over priced junk that you'll be looking down the barrel on because they'll not be paying attention. Total disappointment will be had.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At times, some of the stupid utterings (from both sides of the tables) are the most entertaining things at the show.
I don't mind listening to others sprew their BS to whomever but I seldom have patience to have them tell it to me when it's so outlandish. I just continue walking away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom