Stupid mistake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I took my two kids shooting this weekend. We have two cricket .22 single shot rifles. My little girl likes shooting the primer loads due to the quiet nature of them (colibri's).

I happened along a box of .22 CB Shorts. The rounds chambered and fired nicely. A bit later my son goes to shoot a .22lr bullet thru one of them, and it wouldn't seat all the way in the barrel.

Did I just FUBAR my two crickets by shooting the CB shorts thu them?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Common problem when switching loads in .22. They shoot dirty and foul the chamber with short rounds. Just brush the chamber with a phosphor bronze brush a few times before switching and you're good to go!

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL

I thought I ruined my Dad's old Ruger shootin shorts and CBs at rats in our grain bins.

That was at least 35 years ago... The old man showed me all about "elbow" grease when he made me "fix" his revolver

Glad to see you've got your kids shooting ... They aren't little long enough

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did that once with my 10/22. The shorts aren't easy to feed and won't cycle, but will kill a squirrel and are quiet. They gum up the chamber. I think slamming into the throat melts off lead particles and they settle in the chamber.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL

I thought I ruined my Dad's old Ruger shootin shorts and CBs at rats in our grain bins.

That was at least 35 years ago... The old man showed me all about "elbow" grease when he made me "fix" his revolver

Glad to see you've got your kids shooting ... They aren't little long enough

Ain't that God's honest truth!

Latest posts

Top Bottom