"sub-machine" "assault-rifle" whats nice but cheap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find yourself a hi-point 9mm carbine they are ugly and you will hear people talk crap about them cause they are a hi-point but they have a lifetime warranty and ask anyone that has owned one and they will tell you they are fun and cheap. Should run between 175 and 250 if you get a new one it comes with a rail that replaces the rear sight and if the looks bother you then you can get the ATI stock for it.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do own one bought it from big boys runs fairly well I was really surprised by the accuracy and have no complaints. Here is mine. I like it enough I am on a wait list for the .45 version when and if it comes out.
astammesopfer.com_hp1.jpg

And just for the record I am not just all about cheap guns or anything I have "expensive guns" as well while the build quality is not near the same as an AR15 or even an SKS the cost and fun factor and not worrying about the cost and availability of ammo is nice too.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can stand the merciless ribbing you'll get for owning a hipoint, you'll probably enjoy their carbines. Everyone I know who has one does.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
this is a blatant noob question, and i have looked but cannot find the answer in other places, so here it is.
i have owned a m9 for awhile, but never would ream to try to reach out beyond 50 yards with it, even that would feel like a futile attempt for my abilities.

so optics and aiming out of the equation, what is the effective target range of a standard 9mm. if i were to go with a hi-point or a cx4, or some other 9mm system like these, and put a high powered scope on it, could it be consistently used for target shooting out to 200 yards, or is that asking too much?

my other assumption that may be incorrect, but i would assume the 223 would have no troubles with this, and is probably more likely to reach out to 500 for its effective range, being a common military rifle round, is this correct?

obviously i am not a hunter, and have no intentions of thinking about the lethality of these rounds at those ranges, but simply how consistently i can hit paper at ranges, using a scope that will allow me to see my target.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I belive it is possible to get a 9mm round to go that far it is not ideal. The longer barrel will help get higher velocities and help you aim more accurately at longer distances but ultimately 9mm is a pistol round not a rifle round. A .223/5.56 would easily go 200-500+ and accuracy would depends on the gun and optics at that range. 9mm I see as a plinking round inside 100yds. If you are trying to stretch out for distance I would look at a bolt action in .308. Though many people do shoot .223 for distance to prefect your long ditance I think you are better with a bolt action to start with.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i do have the 91/30, just no scope on it so i cannot really aim it well myself nor can i see where i hit even at 50 yards without those see and shoot targets. my eyes must suck.

i was interested in 308, my dream would be a m14 in 308, but those are pretty pricey last time i checked, and if im not mistaken, are 308 rounds not like a dollar each?

sounds like i should go with a 223 or the other round you mentioned. but these hi-points might be fun to own.

im guessing the ak 47 is usually the 556? besides that, what specifically are names or manufacturers of rifles in these rounds, that will stay around or closer to where we have been talking in price. that is not exceeding 750 for gun,mag,rail or does such a beast exist.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AKs are historically 7.62x39 but have been chambered in other rounds, such as the .223. There are a couple of places in town you may want to go check. I finally went in to Sooner Guns on Mingo last weekend and he had a few examples of AKs plus there is TK Supply downtown. They usually have lots of that kinda stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom