Suggestions for combat pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Currently I have a Glock 19 that I carry with a Crossbread holster that was recommended on OSA (thanks for that one guys), but would like to get a different caliber for a backup gun in case I run out of ammo. Looking at a 45 but have not shot one in years. I understand that 1911's are hit and miss on getting one that will not have to be worked over, not to say that is bad I just don't want to go there. Thinking on around 600 to 800. Since I have a carry gun thinking on making this one a fighting gun that is accurate, has good capacity, full size, and dependable.

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have about 2000 rds now and about the same amount in brass I plan on reloading in the future. I would like to shhot lead for practice and Glocks don't like lead LOL.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I REALLY don't like DA first shot, followed by SA following shots in ANY gun, so for me it's 1911's, Glocks, and revolvers.

You may also consider that 45 ammo is quite expensive at the moment, and learning a new system could get pretty pricey. I would recommend staying with a familiar system and getting a Glock in 45.

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all I'm a big fan of 45acp.

That said I would get a full size version of what I had and was famliar with, like a Glock 17 or 34. Other than not being a 45 it meets all of your other requirements.

Latest posts

Top Bottom