Suggestions for rimfire mods and rifle for steel challenge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, the M&P mags are definitely easy to load. At matches I have 3 or 4 that I use and it doesn't take long at all to drop them in by hand after shooting. I do not envy those with the rotary mags at that point. I think I can top up in about 1/4 of the time it would take to do the same on the rotary's.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend that does the steel challenge matches. He really likes the Ruger 10/22 takedown lite, with a Burris holo sight.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot a few thousand rounds doing rimfire challenge and is definitely addictive. I shoot a 22/45 Lite with a super cheap red dot and a S&W M&P 15-22 with a Bushnell TRS-25. I really wanted to upgrade the red dot on the pistol, but before I got around to it the rimfire match that I was going to regularly was canceled because the guy putting it on was arrested. Haven't started back up since, but I'd like to.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you want to meet up and go to one? Let me know. I'm really confused about the S&W M&P 15-22 and the Ruger 10 22. Both are about the same price. I also love the Bushnell Trs 25.
I might just have to do that. I really enjoyed doing the rimfire challenge and have been wanting to get back into it.

As for the M&P 15-22 vs the Ruger 10-22, I've shot it using both and I preferred the M&P. Unfortunately I can't really give a good reason why, other than the M&P just seemed to fit the competition better for me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might just have to do that. I really enjoyed doing the rimfire challenge and have been wanting to get back into it.

As for the M&P 15-22 vs the Ruger 10-22, I've shot it using both and I preferred the M&P. Unfortunately I can't really give a good reason why, other than the M&P just seemed to fit the competition better for me.

The M&P’s seem to be more reliable. That being said, the guys shooting the 10-22’s say they get better reliability from the 10 round rotary mags vs the extended 15-25 rounders.
I have a Burris Fast Fire dot with a base for Ruger if anyone is looking in that direction.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. Couple possibilities that could work. Find one that has the holes already there and swap uppers with someone. Trade for a complete pistol that has them or a rail already installed. Buy another one that has the rail already installed. Or go hillbilly style and get a piece of rail from and AR and some hose clamps so you can have an adjustable rail so you can shoot normal or gangster style with the red dot.

Orrrr
After a little searching I came up with this http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accessories/AR-15_Scope_Rings/154-WC-RM2SM.html

If anyone was to happen to send a thank you for my great google fu just let me know, LOL. I am sure I can find something I could use.:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom