And there I go……….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree about the safety with a light trigger pull if you are carrying it around and/or hunting with it. I plan on just using mine for target shooting off a bench and possibly shooting benchrest in competition. So I will change out the trigger spring to get it down to around 1lb trigger pull or so. I will have to experiment to see what works best for me.
I use to compete in 3 gun and GSSF matches. But I am getting older and ready to slow down a bit. Precision Rimfirre shooting might must be the thing.
Take your stock springs and remove a ring at a time until you get to the desired weight. Had a guy show me how to do that on my Browning Stainless Stalker in 30-06. Brought the trigger pull from 8 to three pounds. Always test the unloaded rifle for safety when lightening the trigger by hitting the butt stock on the ground to simulate falling off a bench to make sure the trigger isn't too soft to cause it to fire with the safety off.
If it doesn't work, you have the options given above for other replacement springs.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take your stock springs and remove a ring at a time until you get to the desired weight. Had a guy show me how to do that on my Browning Stainless Stalker in 30-06. Brought the trigger pull from 8 to three pounds. Always test the unloaded rifle for safety when lightening the trigger by hitting the butt stock on the ground to simulate falling off a bench to make sure the trigger isn't too soft to cause it to fire with the safety off.
If it doesn't work, you have the options given above for other replacement springs.
So are you suggesting taking the stock trigger spring out and snipping off a ring of the spring at a time? Basically making it shorter. Sounds like it would work just fine.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So are you suggesting taking the stock trigger spring out and snipping off a ring of the spring at a time? Basically making it shorter. Sounds like it would work just fine.
That's correct. One can go too far though quickly. One ring first, and then, 1/4 ring or less after. Always safety test. It worked for my Browning, it may not work for you, but you have options.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's correct. One can go too far though quickly. One ring first, and then, 1/4 ring or less after. Always safety test. It worked for my Browning, it may not work for you, but you have options.
That’s a great suggestion. I will try that first. Will let you know how it goes.
Thanks Dennis

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the scope mounted on the CZ 457 Varmint. It was on paper right out of the box. It didn’t’ take long to get the groups close. Going back tomorrow to keep working at it. I put 200 rounds of CCI regular velocity through it today. I love the scope. The owner of the range is a competitive Bench Rest shooter. He came in and spotted for me and helped get it on the dot. It’s just to first time out and step one. I am going back tomorrow to get it dialed in even more and getting the trigger adjusted to my liking. I am very impressed with it right out of the box. The goal is to get all 5 to 10 rounds inside a dime.
IMG_8664.jpeg
. This is just step one.

IMG_8665.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the scope mounted on the CZ 457 Varmint. It was on paper right out of the box. It didn’t’ take long to get the groups close. Going back tomorrow to keep working at it. I put 200 rounds of CCI regular velocity through it today. I love the scope. The owner of the range is a competitive Bench Rest shooter. He came in and spotted for me and helped get it on the dot. It’s just to first time out and step one. I am going back tomorrow to get it dialed in even more and getting the trigger adjusted to my liking. I am very impressed with it right out of the box. The goal is to get all 5 to 10 rounds inside a dime. View attachment 450177. This is just step one.

View attachment 450176
Very nice looking rifle and scope combo.
Try some actual target ammo over CCI to get those really tight groups.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the scope mounted on the CZ 457 Varmint. It was on paper right out of the box. It didn’t’ take long to get the groups close. Going back tomorrow to keep working at it. I put 200 rounds of CCI regular velocity through it today. I love the scope. The owner of the range is a competitive Bench Rest shooter. He came in and spotted for me and helped get it on the dot. It’s just to first time out and step one. I am going back tomorrow to get it dialed in even more and getting the trigger adjusted to my liking. I am very impressed with it right out of the box. The goal is to get all 5 to 10 rounds inside a dime. View attachment 450177. This is just step one.

View attachment 450176
What was the distance for these targets while you were zeroing? Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom