And there I go……….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice looking rifle and scope combo.
Try some actual target ammo over CCI to get those really tight groups.
Agreed Dennis,
I just had these CCI on hand. Now that it’s close, I’m going to now find what ammo my rifle really likes. Going to try SK, Eley Match, Eley Tenex, Norma Tach22 and Wolf Match. It will be a while I’m sure before I get the right ammo matched to the rifle.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What was the distance for these targets while you were zeroing? Thanks.
I was shooting at 25 yards indoor. Our outdoor range isn’t open yet. Tomorrow I will shoot indoors again at 25 yards but sighting in for 100 yards. My goal is to shoot at 100 yard, 200 yard and occasionally 300 yard distances. But today was only the first step.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Made it out to the range this afternoon.
My LGS got a new shipment of SK Biathlon, Lapua Polar Biathlon, Lapua Midas and Lapua Center X ammo. I was able to shoot a box of each. The CZ shot them all really good but my best groups was with the SK Biathlon and the Lapua Midas. First picture are 5 shot groups with the SK Biathlon, and the others are marked. As you can see, I was shooting at a dot made by a sharpie. I also shot 10 rounds with CCI SV but the best I could do with that was get all the shots inside a quarter. Ammo makes all the difference in the world. All the shots with the SK and Lapua were either touching or through the same hole. I am loving the Rimfire shooting. Russ, the owner took me in the back and showed me the stores stash of high end 22lr ammo. He said I am part of the club and can purchase as much as I need anytime. He doesn't sell it to the general public. I was ecstatic and loving the Rimfire shooting. I never thought I would enjoy shooting 22lr as much as I am.

OH and I also swapped out the Vortex scope for a Athlon ARGOS BTR GEN2 10-40X50

IMG_8948.jpeg

IMG_8947.jpeg

IMG_8946.jpeg

IMG_8945.jpeg

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I am getting closer to getting the CZ457 dialed in and finding the right ammo for it, In the pictures, they are all 5 shot rounds with SK Biathlon ammo. All groups are well within a dime size but still looking to get them tighter. I will say that these groups were shot indoors.

IMG_8961.jpeg

IMG_8960.jpeg
IMG_8959.jpeg
IMG_8958.jpeg
IMG_8957.jpeg
IMG_8956.jpeg

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back at it at the range today. Ran the CZ 457 with various ammo. The high end ammo did really well as you can see in the pictures. The Lapua Polar Biathlon and Lapua Midas+ and SK Biathlon did amazing.
The cheaper CCI standard velocity did ok but not near as good as the higher end ammo. I was able to buy a brick of the SK Biathlon and a box each of the Lapua for the future.
I have 1000’s of rounds of the CCI so that is what I will shoot the most since it is half the price of the SK and a quarter of the price of the Lapua.
It was a fun morning at the range and YES!, ammo makes all the difference.

IMG_8966.jpeg

IMG_8970.jpeg

IMG_8969.jpeg

IMG_8967.jpeg

IMG_8968.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom