And there I go……….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was reading on a CZ forum a couple of days ago, and they said that while the Timney and Jard triggers are great, you can just change a couple of springs and drop the pull weight in half on the CZ rimfires. Most said there's no reason to spend a bunch of money on a replacement trigger. The spring kits run about $20, if I really wanted to improve the trigger on mine I would try that, then if I still wasn't happy maybe try a replacement trigger. I'll risk $20 for a reasonable shot at saving a hundred or two.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was reading on a CZ forum a couple of days ago, and they said that while the Timney and Jard triggers are great, you can just change a couple of springs and drop the pull weight in half on the CZ rimfires. Most said there's no reason to spend a bunch of money on a replacement trigger. The spring kits run about $20, if I really wanted to improve the trigger on mine I would try that, then if I still wasn't happy maybe try a replacement trigger. I'll risk $20 for a reasonable shot at saving a hundred or two.
Yes, good to know. Thanks Aries!
Can I ask which CZ forum?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, good to know. Thanks Aries!
Can I ask which CZ forum?
Whew! Had to go back and find it, but here was the thread I found.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/threads/trigger-upgrade-for-cz-457.1289279/
FWIW, I did get the impression the spring kit was for the .22 LR, but you could modify it slightly for the .17 HMR and .22 mag. I don't plan to replace mine, I just want to swap barrels with no concern about trigger mods. I don't think the factory trigger is bad at all for my purposes. I bought the American in .17 HMR and then got the .22 LR and .22 mag barrels separately. And, if you have to call CZ-USA to make sure you get the right barrels, and or any other questions I found their customer service people to be VERY helpful.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whew! Had to go back and find it, but here was the thread I found.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/threads/trigger-upgrade-for-cz-457.1289279/
FWIW, I did get the impression the spring kit was for the .22 LR, but you could modify it slightly for the .17 HMR and .22 mag. I don't plan to replace mine, I just want to swap barrels with no concern about trigger mods. I don't think the factory trigger is bad at all for my purposes. I bought the American in .17 HMR and then got the .22 LR and .22 mag barrels separately. And, if you have to call CZ-USA to make sure you get the right barrels, and or any other questions I found their customer service people to be VERY helpful.
Great…Thanks so much!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There’s a guy on 24 hour campfire that sells reduced weight CZ 457 springs for $12.99 shipped. His user name is cznut. To avoid a stupid rule violation, you’ll have to do a search for him on there.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
If you’re shooting benchrest, I’d get the trigger weight as low as you can, and there’s some u tube video on changing the trigger spring on that gun. My Tikka T1x is adjusted down to about 1.5-2# but still has the stock spring. If I didn’t intend to hunt with it, I would’ve already changed it, but in my opinion, you get into some safety issues carrying a rifle with a trigger lighter than 1#.
Use Ace Hardware #144 spring to reduce trigger pull; https://www.rimfirecentral.com/threads/ace-hardware-144-spring.448045/

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you’re shooting benchrest, I’d get the trigger weight as low as you can, and there’s some u tube video on changing the trigger spring on that gun. My Tikka T1x is adjusted down to about 1.5-2# but still has the stock spring. If I didn’t intend to hunt with it, I would’ve already changed it, but in my opinion, you get into some safety issues carrying a rifle with a trigger lighter than 1#.
I agree about the safety with a light trigger pull if you are carrying it around and/or hunting with it. I plan on just using mine for target shooting off a bench and possibly shooting benchrest in competition. So I will change out the trigger spring to get it down to around 1lb trigger pull or so. I will have to experiment to see what works best for me.
I use to compete in 3 gun and GSSF matches. But I am getting older and ready to slow down a bit. Precision Rimfirre shooting might must be the thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom