Sunday holster project...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice..Indeed

I did some customizing on my CB to make it more comfy(now I know where to get the bodys..Thanks)

The long straight cut tin snips work well on the leather and trimming the kydex. File to smooth it out

Drilled the rivets and put the Chi screws in to change the cant more( I put thread lock on mine to Make sure they dont come loose)

Why did you dye it black? I like the rawhide look

In the end I still payed $80 dollars

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would you be interested in making me one? I'd like one for an XD-9 and LCR for now, with possibly some more Kydex bodies later.

Let me know what you think is a fair price.

EDIT:

Also, do you have access to any of the other style clips? Like the ones that go behind the belt and clip under it?

I haven't ruled out building a few for other people, but I'm not sold on it either. I think If i were to build one as done above, I'd probably put it at $40 or so, and maybe $10 for the bodies...

I have put my XD on with it, but not the LCR to wear yet. Being that its a smaller gun, it sits a little lower than I think it should...

Any clips could probably be used, its just a matter of finding some ones you like, or custom molding them out of kydex. They could even be molded then lined with velcro to go behind a belt...

I actually have an extra one built and sitting here in raw finish with a body for a Glock 9/40 and a M&P40 body. I dont think it will fit an XD or LCR though, as the holes are too close together...I may list it in the classifieds

Very nice..Indeed

I did some customizing on my CB to make it more comfy(now I know where to get the bodys..Thanks)

The long straight cut tin snips work well on the leather and trimming the kydex. File to smooth it out

Drilled the rivets and put the Chi screws in to change the cant more( I put thread lock on mine to Make sure they dont come loose)

Why did you dye it black? I like the rawhide look

In the end I still payed $80 dollars

What you're saying is what I didnt like about the Crossbreed either. I've considered some thread lock, but I want to wear it first to see if its actually needed. The compression of the leather may hold them tight...

No real reason for dying it black, other than I like the black look better..

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

landontc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That patent number is for a 5 piece holster...See patent info here http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7314152.pdf I'm not a lawyer, I wonder if it extends to this design...

Although it does say other patents pending...I'd be interested in what they are trying to patent...

interesting. Well, if you decide you want to do one, I'd be willing to do $50 for an xd9 and lcr. I guess that depends if you can work out the lcr and xd holster in the same leather.

Latest posts

Top Bottom