Sunday holster project...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, to rid the patent talk of ruining the thread, I AM NOT GOING TO SELL ANY....I am willing to help any with any questions they may ask of me, anyone with a little time could build one of these for well under the $80 that whoever wants.

I'm not sure of the ounce rating of the leather, but its a little over 1/8 inch thick (.140 with calipers).

The kydex I believe to be .060-.063. The place I got it from wasn't real specific about the thickness. I just told them I wanted .060.

I'd love to see what everyone else comes up with while making one of these at home. I started a Homemade Holsters thread is the Photo section. Here's the link: http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110982

I'd like to hear any ideas on how to improve the holster. Since it was my first, I basically went off the Crossbreed layout. Although the one for the Kahr, we just freehand drew out what we wanted. I think it came out great.

One idea is to basically make many mounting holes, for both the belt clips, and the kydex. There is a design by Kholster that that has many holes for clips, but their kydex is also riveted. A friend and I were talking today that if we came up with a set circle size, you could index the kydex around it any way you wanted also.

Anyone else have any ideas to improve on...?

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and ordered a Comp-Tac Appendix Carry for my P-11 just so I would have a comercial product to analize. Hopfully I will like it and use it.

Between this thread and having my hands on the Comp-Tec I plan on making a couple different styles and also maybe make a couple for my Browning High Power, Glock-19 and P3AT. Sure beats spending 60-80 bucks a pop and discovering I don't like it.

FenixTxM3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I had to give this a try...

[Broken External Image]

I think it turned out pretty good. This is the first time I have done something like this and I have to say it was pretty easy.

I had to buy a full hide of leather and a pretty big peace of Kydex in order to make this, so I have a lot left over if anyone would like to buy enough to make one.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I had to give this a try...

I think it turned out pretty good. This is the first time I have done something like this and I have to say it was pretty easy.

I had to buy a full hide of leather and a pretty big peace of Kydex in order to make this, so I have a lot left over if anyone would like to buy enough to make one.

Looks good. Have you ever worn one like it before? If not, what have you been wearing? I'm interested to see what you think. Practice drawing with it a few times, and see if you think it needs a combat style cut for more acres to the grip. I haven't cut mine, but my friend did do his...

I've been thinking about making a wider one that could incorporate an extra mag holder...

Mine has been holding up very well. I've switched between guns a few times now. The only one I really haven't tried is my LCR. With summer coming up though, I may try it out soon since itll be so small...

FenixTxM3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was the first time I have used a holster like this, I have been using a Highnoon Hidden Ally for my p238. The access to the grip is pretty good. Im probably going to make another holster more similar to the crossbreed mini tuck. And space for an extra mag doesn't seem like that bad of an idea, although I really like the small size of the one I just made.

Latest posts

Top Bottom