Sunflower Farmers Market.....NW OKC....protesting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they are protesting because Sunflower Market doesn't buy from local organic farmers.

I was way off. Bad intel. I like it and the Sushi is good too!

No, you're right, they don't source locally and a lot of people have voiced their complaints about this. Perhaps not what the protest was about yesterday, but still, people have protested because of this.

We shop there every Wednesday. Their sales run from Wed-Wed, so on Wednesdays there are 2 overlapping sales. Did I say Wednesday enough?

Last week we bought 8 lbs of shrimp that was usually $6.99/lb for $3.77/lb. Yesterday I picked up a few lobster tails for something like $4/each. They're small and non-Maine (they're from Brazil), but still look delicious.

We mainly buy meats, fruits, and veggies there.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, you're right, they don't source locally and a lot of people have voiced their complaints about this. Perhaps not what the protest was about yesterday, but still, people have protested because of this.

We shop there every Wednesday. Their sales run from Wed-Wed, so on Wednesdays there are 2 overlapping sales. Did I say Wednesday enough?

Last week we bought 8 lbs of shrimp that was usually $6.99/lb for $3.77/lb. Yesterday I picked up a few lobster tails for something like $4/each. They're small and non-Maine (they're from Brazil), but still look delicious.

We mainly buy meats, fruits, and veggies there.

Thanks! I just told the wife about the sales and she is excited!

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks! I just told the wife about the sales and she is excited!

Good luck.

Wednesday's are ridiculous. I've been there several times anywhere between 2 and 8 PM and it's been crowded each time. The aisles are small, the yuppies pilot their carts and wide arses much like Edmonites pilot their Suburbans. This store is poorly designed to accompany as many people that shop there. Yesterday I went early afternoon and I literally had to circle the parking lot for at least 10 minutes looking for an empty spot. I refuse to park in front of other businesses that I'm not doing business with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom