Surveyor question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
blue top stakes are for grade at least that's what we used blue top stakes for when doing dirt work
And blue tops nailed into the pavement, yes, for elevation. I wasn't a construction surveyor so my knowledge of that is limited but I did location surveys like shown above and then designed plans based on those surveys.
20+56.5 might be to mark the location of a driveway, telephone pedestal or maybe a headwall on a drainage structure. We would locate anything. The note in the book would give a station and offset distance left or right.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And blue tops nailed into the pavement, yes, for elevation. I wasn't a construction surveyor so my knowledge of that is limited but I did location surveys like shown above and then designed plans based on those surveys.
20+56.5 might be to mark the location of a driveway, telephone pedestal or maybe a headwall on a drainage structure. We would locate anything. The note in the book would give a station and offset distance left or right.
ok i think we on 2 different pages sorry

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
ok i think we on 2 different pages sorry
No, I knew what you were talking about with grading elevation but I never did that kind of survey so im no expert by far.
But I've designed over 1000 highway projects and they all start with a location survey, so I do consider myself an expert in that area. The 1 year I did location survey helped me be a better designer.
But im retired and losing much of that knowledge by the day.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I knew what you were talking about with grading elevation but I never did that kind of survey so im no expert by far.
But I've designed over 1000 highway projects and they all start with a location survey, so I do consider myself an expert in that area. The 1 year I did location survey helped me be a better designer.
But im retired and losing much of that knowledge by the day.
yea miss my construction days but its not very good to the body!

Latest posts

Top Bottom