Stillwater at Sanger and 51?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would MUCH rather drive in Norman than Tulsa. These people are nuttier than squirrel turds, and two of them were just bound and determined to meet me at the site of the crash today.
For me it's anywhere in or around OKC. Every time I have to go there I feel like I'm risking my life because of all the idiots on the road. Yeah, there's a bunch of em' around Tulsa no doubt about it, but I never feel like I'm driving in some version of the movie Death Race like I do around OKC.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me it's anywhere in or around OKC. Every time I have to go there I feel like I'm risking my life because of all the idiots on the road. Yeah, there's a bunch of em' around Tulsa no doubt about it, but I never feel like I'm driving in some version of the movie Death Race like I do around OKC.
I’ll take driving anywhere in Oklahoma at 4:45 on a Friday afternoon over DFW, Houston, or Tyler TX. I made the mistake of going through DFW on the way home a few weeks ago, and I won’t do it again. I’ll drive an hour out of the way to avoid that sh*tshow.

If I was a betting man, I’d say cell phones and distracted driving were the cause of both wrecks.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I avoid OKC like the plague, which is probably why I think Tulsa is worse.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll take driving anywhere in Oklahoma at 4:45 on a Friday afternoon over DFW, Houston, or Tyler TX. I made the mistake of going through DFW on the way home a few weeks ago, and I won’t do it again. I’ll drive an hour out of the way to avoid that sh*tshow.

If I was a betting man, I’d say cell phones and distracted driving were the cause of both wrecks.
Yeah I agree. I never did much driving around Tyler so I'll take your word for it, but I used to live in Houston and I had to go up to DFW quite a bit and it always felt like I was tempting fate when I got behind the wheel. If I never have to drive in either place again it'll be too soon.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I avoid OKC like the plague, which is probably why I think Tulsa is worse.
Our daughter is driving from our place in Southern Logan County to Norman every day for a grad school internship. Talk about baptism by fire . . . thankfully it's just for 10 weeks and she's almost halfway done.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That stretch of Hwy 51 is notorious for accidents,,,
It's marked at 45 MPF but people seem to like doing 70+ there.

SPD will react to this by writing a lot of speeding tickets for a few weeks.

Aarond

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just west of there is where the drunk kid driving a Mustang at an estimated 150mph east bound in the west bound lanes hit and killed a couple of folks...one was his passenger.
Aarond is right...dangerous stretch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom