Swimming...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sturgell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just curious what it sounded like if your head was above or under the water.

About like the video I guess, I do know that the shockwave will make your stomach feel funny about like standing in front of one of the big speakers at a concert that shakes you to the core. The water above the gun was about the same as well. YMMV, but Glocks are fine guns to take in water.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is pretty interesting, I'm getting my M&P and filling up my trash can.
What makes a glock able to do that, is it just because of the maritime firing pin?

Not really, due to the design, if you don't use maritime cups you can get light firing pin strikes, other than that, the cups don't matter. The firing pin moves too slow if the water can't get out of the way.
The 9mm Glocks have tight chambers with excellent case support. They are also made to handle higher pressures than SAAMI. In fact the can even handle subgun ammo which is a bad idea on regular pistols, subgun ammo produces very high pressures.
I would not have any problem shooting a 9mm Glock under water as long as I shoot FMJ, no hollow points.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why one you want to fire any firearm under water?

Big 'ole beavers. If you hem one up in a hole it can bite off stuff that won't grow back. One of my neighbors had that experience several years ago, and got 380+ staples for his trouble. He told me that if he hadn't been so drunk it would have been a very painful experience. Oh, he hadn't quite turned 70 yet, so it wasn't one of those mistakes of youth . . .

I'm not sure a pistol would have helped, but it might have. CB

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I remember reading about it, the barrel has to be full of water, otherwise it can bulge or something like that.
Ammo has to be FMJ.
Why would anybody want to shoot underwater? I don't know, for the same reason that people shoot at paper, cans etc.
Personally I am the kind of shooter that uses his guns with care, I tuck them and kiss'em goodnight, I would never purposely stick them in the fresh or sea water like some do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom