Swimming...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I always carried my Glock 22 when I went noodling. I had an Uncle Mike's shoulder rig that I carried it in, it never rusted and I shot it quite a bit while standing in chest deep water after it had been submerged for long periods of time. I even emptied a mag out of it while it was submerged about 2ft,:ooh2: ran without a hiccup...so much for 40's KB'ing without reason.

I'm just curious what it sounded like if your head was above or under the water.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That is pretty interesting, I'm getting my M&P and filling up my trash can.
What makes a glock able to do that, is it just because of the maritime firing pin?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made a thread a couple weeks ago in the General Forum about going swimming in some remote swimming holes...

After coming across some critters, some aggressive, some not, I've been wanting to carry something with me while out in the woods and water, just in case...

I've got a Glock that I think would be capable of the job, but is there anything I should worry about? Or might there be a better choice?

Obviously, anything will have to be cleaned and lubed afterward to get rid of water...

I just wanted to gather some opinions about submerging something, and maybe getting some mud and junk in it...I'm sure we've all seen some of the Glock tests...

As long as you burp it first you should be fine.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im really curious if my M&P's could do this as well. Also what different about the maritime firing pin cups? are they fluted or somthing. Definately an interesting video and i laughed so a big :ugh2::drunk: from me!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom