Talimena Drive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all about temperature and moisture rates over the later summer. And up north to in Indiana they may have some other kinda trees that aren't hardwoods.
It's all hardwoods is Talemina. Hickory, oak, and... I can't remember ...lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our Walnut Trees near Ponca have shed and are almost bare. The Persimmons are yellow and Sumac are bright red at the moment.
Walnuts are the first to shed. Our oaks are still bright green. Walnuts never put on a show. Just turn a dull green and drop.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our Walnut Trees near Ponca have shed and are almost bare. The Persimmons are yellow and Sumac are bright red at the moment.
Walnuts are the first to shed. Our oaks are still bright green. Walnuts never put on a show. Just turn a dull green and drop.

My walnut have dropped their leaves also. Been picking up the blackwalnuts. Native Pecans and pignut hickory are starting to drop their crop also. Most of the persimmons are still too green but the deer are keeping any that are ripe cleaned up. Acorns are still clinging on.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My walnut have dropped their leaves also. Been picking up the blackwalnuts. Native Pecans and pignut hickory are starting to drop their crop also. Most of the persimmons are still too green but the deer are keeping any that are ripe cleaned up. Acorns are still clinging on.
The burr oaks are dropping here and our persimmons are done with the leaves dropping. We never get any, the deer clean them up every night.
Pecans are still green but will be dropping shortly. Ours are the size of your pinky finger so we don't even pick them up. Son has a giant papershell in his yard, so we stock up there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom