Tandy Elite Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to be, but I don't buy enough stuff anymore to justify it. Sometimes if you go into a store to buy things, they'll give you the Club price anyway.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never understood all this free, join our "club" savings thing. Homeland, Wallgreens, and many others. They give you a little card and now you can get the "special" price. I really do not care to carry around a briefcase full of little special cards.
Give me the best price you can, and I will decide to purchase or not. How much money do they waste on those systems?

FenixTxM3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not a free membership. You pay about $150 a year and get club pricing. It's a good deal if you are a regular customer, not someone with a one off project like myself.

Gone_fishn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not a free membership. You pay about $150 a year and get club pricing. It's a good deal if you are a regular customer, not someone with a one off project like myself.
Have you looked at Springfield Leather? Sometimes they're prices are cheaper than Tandys club prices. I have the Gold club at Tandy, but I order more from Springfield.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Tandy's is still around?!

I have a cousin that was doing Tandy leather projects all the time when we were kids. That was almost half a century ago!

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tandy's is still around?!

I have a cousin that was doing Tandy leather projects all the time when we were kids. That was almost half a century ago!

I had a friend growing up and their Mom bought stuff from them. I remember the plastic woven key chains. It was about that half a century. they had a store on NW 23 near Brdway.

Agree w/ p238, about carrying around disc cards also.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never understood all this free, join our "club" savings thing. Homeland, Wallgreens, and many others. They give you a little card and now you can get the "special" price. I really do not care to carry around a briefcase full of little special cards.
Give me the best price you can, and I will decide to purchase or not. How much money do they waste on those systems?

It's a scheme the retailers gather target market trend data. Without the information you provided when you signed up for the "Free Card" they would only have sales data. With that information they can mine more personal buying information to better position products and increase revenue.

That being said, from a personal perspective, If you can offer a product at a certain price point and make a fair profit then just do it. I don't want to crry a card and be a member of the club. I have them but I don't like them. Sam's is also a BS membership if you ask me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom