Tankless water heater questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67square

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want one in my home, but am afraid that since the water will not be softened/treated, that since Tulsa has a hard water, it would foul the heat exchanger! I have access to this http://www.quietside.com/Quietside/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=96 at cost, as we have started to sell them, but am hesitant because of the water hardness. It does vent with PVC so it appears to be super efficient.
i installed a navien gas i have very hard water i was always changing the heating elements on our electric water heater have experienced no problems with gas on demand.Yes in the winter our daughter does take incrediably long showers now

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have 2 Noritz in service now. 1 in a convenience store and 1 in a small laundry. Within the next year we'll be adding 1 to a bath house and another to our home, and we have very hard water. Flushing with vinegar a couple of times a year will take care of the store, laundry , and bath house, but I'm planning to install a Scaleblaster in our house. Read several good reviews and have a friend whose a plumber, and he swears by the Scaleblaster. Cheaper to buy and a lot more economical than a water softner.

T

tpd2021

Anyone have any ballpark price estimates? I'm building a shop and was considering one of these so the hot water tank isn't heating year round when I only need it once or twice a week.

maximus

Maximus
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I almost pulled the trigger on one of these a few years back... But i heard that they wont run 2 showers at the same time. Is that true? or have they improved since then?

Latest posts

Top Bottom