Did You Know?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you know in the state of Oklahoma and many other states that a homeowner cannot replace their natural gas water heater anymore? i was out of town and a neighbor called me and said water was running out of my garage. I just knew that I had to replace the hot water heater and was prepared to go to Lowes and purchase one. But...it was hole in the copper tubing inlet that supplies water to the unit that was the culprit. I ended up going to Lowes and spending $18.00 on a replacement copper tube and have hot water again.
I read that in 2007 a law was passed prohibiting a homeowner or someone other than a plumber replacing a hot water heater. And I've replaced several during my lifetime! And the cost of replacing the water heater is around $1,400.00. A windfall for a plumber.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are some absolute morons doing home repairs in this state. My old boss told me about a house where the owner had used some kind of flexible hose (I don’t think it was pex, but it was something like that) to run the natural gas lines. That house was a ticking time bomb, quite literally.

That is nothing at all like replacing a water heater, but I’d bet things like that are what would push them to require a licensed plumber do the install, if that’s actually what has happened.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One time there was a sign that said "DO NOT PASS" and I went and took a picture behind it.
My favorite sign to date...
20130624_093714.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom