Tara TM-9, I guess I got lucky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I bought one of these in Aug of 2022 for $379. OUCH! I did get 5 mags.

But I remember shooting it a bit and not having any problems other than a ****** trigger pull.

I dug it back out and took it to the range today. No probs at all. Other than a ****** trigger pull. '

Luckily, mine functions perfectly. Shot more than that. That was just the brass laying right there.

I even did an Oklahoma CLEET qual with it and passed with an 80%. ****** trigger pull.
Missed the head shot though....****** trigger pull.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I guess the trigger pull on these is horrendous? How does it compare to a Polish P64??

It is on par with a slightly bad revolver. It is nowhere near as bad as a P-64 or a Nagant Revolver.

It is usable and with training could be ok. Note with little experience on the pistol I still CLEET qualled with it. I would just avoid any shots over 15 yards if I didn't have to take them.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have bought one, but I had heard the trigger pull was less than optimal.

LOL, for $185, you should go ahead. They will be a curiosity later and increase in value.

Seriously, they aren't that bad. They are definitely shootable.

I'd rather use a TM-9 than a 4046, which I have some experience with.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PSA still shows them $370-ish. TBH, I have plenty of full-size 9s without barrel threading.

If I'm buying another, it'll be threaded, or have a threaded barrel available.

I purchased one of the surplus Zastava m-70 pistols in 32 acp, with a holster and extra mag, for like $125. The trigger is... uh... an experience.
I can shoot it fairly well, at reasonable distances, but Mrs can't keep it on target because of the heavy, long, heavy, gritty, heavy trigger.
Did I mention the trigger is heavy?

Latest posts

Top Bottom