Taurus 709 "9mm slim"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well ive been looking for a smaller CCW or BUG and dont really want to go down to a 380 so ive been looking at the taurus slim after I saw a little blurb on it in a gun mag.

Does anyone here have one and if so what are ur thoughts on it? H&H doesnt have one to rent and no one I know personally has one yet that I can borrow to play with.

Thanks in advance for any info I can get.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one until I sold it a few days ago. Worked great. The trigger was a bit harsh, but you got to expect that in such a small 9mm. Very comfy to wear on the hip in a Supertuck. I often carried it in an outer breast pocket of my outdoor vest. It did not work in a pants pocket though. Just a bit big for that. I sold it for the new little Taurus TCP which is a small .380.

Hope this helps.. let me know any other questions you might have.

B

billet93

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well ive been looking for a smaller CCW or BUG and dont really want to go down to a 380 so ive been looking at the taurus slim after I saw a little blurb on it in a gun mag.

Does anyone here have one and if so what are ur thoughts on it? H&H doesnt have one to rent and no one I know personally has one yet that I can borrow to play with.

Thanks in advance for any info I can get.

I bought Blutch's, you can shoot it if you want, its about 4 blocks from your house lol

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought Blutch's, you can shoot it if you want, its about 4 blocks from your house lol

Hmmm ok now im confused haha, do we actually know each other and Im the only one that doestn know? :bigeye: :scratch:

ETA: just read ur feedback thread, do u live across from my ex wife?

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Played with one at Outdooor America yesterday. I was originally looking at a PPS and the salesman brought out the Taurus, I like the trigger on the PPS a little better and the grip quite a bit more than the Taurus but I didn't like the PPS's price tag being almost double. I'd be interested in hearing a range report if ya'll do hook up to shoot it.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
winner winner chicken dinner :)

HAHA thats funny, glad to see someone else I know on here. I might have to come over and check it out some time. Do u know if its the first edition or the 2nd?

Played with one at Outdooor America yesterday. I was originally looking at a PPS and the salesman brought out the Taurus, I like the trigger on the PPS a little better and the grip quite a bit more than the Taurus but I didn't like the PPS's price tag being almost double. I'd be interested in hearing a range report if ya'll do hook up to shoot it.

Will do :thumb:

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I owned it for awhile and shot it plenty. What do you want to know?

B

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does it feed Hollow points OK? Is it controllable, my pinky finger was hanging out to dry on the Taurus but the PPS had the mag extension which is why I mentioned the better grip. And one more question, I know it's not a match grade shooter but how was the accuracy?
Thanks for the review, I'm leaning more towards the Taurus because of the $250 price difference.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No prob on hollow points. No problem controlling it with a two handed grip. I didn't shoot it much with one hand. I have fairly small hands and i could sorta get my pinky on it... but would have been ok without it. You get used to it. It wasn't as accurate as my MP comp gun, but it doesn't need to be. I could get decent groups after some practice.

B

Latest posts

Top Bottom