Taurus Model 82 revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one, a gunsmith special, from Alan's Armory. It was inexpensive.

It seems to function fine. Haven't fired it yet. It is, of course, very used. Trigger is pretty good, and may be better after a good cleaning.

I am not interested in input from the "Taurus is junk" contingent. Have heard it all and don't need to read it again. This is an inexpensive 38 special, and I would like to know if any of you have experience with these.

If it turns out to be okay, I would be interested in some better grips, so if you know of a source of new or pretty nice wood grips, it would be helpful.

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ehh...I bought a couple of the Taurus M82 and one Rossi M841 revolver.

At least two or three different gens. of M82...I got an older version that needed some internal work...and a newer type that was really pretty nice and little used. The older Taurus has different frame than the newer versions. Grips are available for the newer M82 frames

The Rossi 841 I bought looks to be about as beat as the battered M82 revolvers..however it's mechanicaly solid. My Rossi only needed a couple side-plate screws to replace a missing screw and a 'wrong' screw.

All three revolvers shoot accurate and reliable...however like I said the beat-up M82 needed some working on to get it serviceable....

Latest posts

Top Bottom