Taurus over Glock...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just threw up a little in my mouth after reading that article...I would hazard that a well used Glock is every bit the gun the brand new Taurus model is. Not hating on Taurus owners, but there is a reason that Glock has such a large share of the handgun market with all their models being basically the same pistol. Every Taurus product I have ever seen was easily distinguishable to me as a second rate product. Maybe I am just used to older Smith & Wesson revolvers and Kimber 1911's.....but, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

J

Jckellison

I remember when then the local hardware store here started selling firearms, and understand how starting at the bottom of an industry is the normal status quo... So I was looking around the counter hen the FFL walked by and said "Can I show you something?" I politely said no, that I was just looking, but he offered again to show me the Taurus TCP. I politely explained that I wasn't a fan of Taurus, but would like to see the Heritage .22's. He said he understood and explained that Taurus was his way in to "dealing" firearms. That he himself didn't trust them. Told me about how many he's had to send off for warrantee work, but that people liked them for the price. Which is understandable. As I stood there with my bro in law, he saw price on a 24/7 9mm and decided he liked the under-$400 price, and it looked like a glock/XD hybrid, so he bought it. He's had nothing but trouble with it and blames the more-than-honest FFL that he owns a "junker." the same bro-in-law that claims a 900 yard shot on a doe with a Rossi break over .223 lol... Which he sold to fund his AR-15 he bought from Rijas...

I might be a gun snob for passing up on any Taurus, but I would rather arm myself with an atlatl.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. I just don't believe Taurus is that company.

Is that matter of faith or some sort of logic? Times change my friend.

What exactly prohibits Taurus from producing superior product?

No-name company in Croatia poops out a gun - put "Springfield" on it - everything is gravy?

Make a gun in Brazil - put "Springfield" on it - everything is gravy?

Put "Taurus" on it - and it's doomed no matter what?

Please, logic with me here....

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i can't help but shake my head when i read that, even though the 9mm gen4 glocks have had some issues, I constantly see people have issues with taurus, and as a result would never consider owning one

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many rounds is that - and what breaks?
i haven't taken a 4 day in a while ,usually 150-200 a day.last class i was in was cleet phase 4 ,400 rounds there was 1-taurus a brand new 24/7 9mm the 5" version. at around 130 it layed down and shooter had borrow the instructors glock 34 to finish.

never found out what the problem was ,but the gun locked up soild and the trigger was flopping around loose.

i've seen 6 0r 7 tauri crap out in classes and have never seen one finish.

a guy i used to work with bought a pt111 recently and it broke the trigger return spring during his sda class.couldn't make it 50 rnds

Latest posts

Top Bottom