taurus VS. rock island?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I'll play some. Well, I can say I have a Rock and don't have a Taurus so I can't make a direct comparison of the weapons but I will say that the Rock is Warrentied for the life of the Gun (regardless of how many owners it has had). The work is done in Nevada. The Tuarus has to be sent back to Brazil. That alone would sell me. I've had 3 Rocks that I have sent in for either custom or warrenty work. The longest I have ever waited to get a pistol back was 14 days from when I mailed it in. As for the Quality I would say the Rock is probably the closest to actual Colt Spec I have found in all of the 1911's I own, again can't speak for the Tuarus. If I were to buy a Rock Iwould go with the Tactical model. Has all of the bells and whistle's the customs have except the Rail which I believe the Tuarus does have.

MISph1t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Taurus 24/7 Pro DS. I know nothing about RI and very little about guns in general. However, Taurus also has lifetime warranty and is actually sent to Florida for warranty.

Can't speak to the turn-around time. Haven't used it.

I've been pleased with my Taurus.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Taurus 24/7 Pro DS. I know nothing about RI and very little about guns in general. However, Taurus also has lifetime warranty and is actually sent to Florida for warranty.

Can't speak to the turn-around time. Haven't used it.

I've been pleased with my Taurus.

Regardless of where it goes...Taurus is a black hole of customer service.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taurus has a firing pin safety and a goofy hammer lock that has turned a few into single shots going by owners reports. Personally, I'd go with RIA. Some good alternatives are Springfield GI or a STI Spartan.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had 3 RIA compacts, always go bang, sell one to fund something else and always end up buying another one.

As a matter of fact, I am thinking of selling the compact that I have now, need to wrap up some stamps......:grumble:

Latest posts

Top Bottom