taurus VS. rock island?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I owned a Taurus 1911 and absolutely loved it, it never failed on me no matter what ammo I fed it, and it was an accurate pistol....I sometimes regret selling it...but it got me my Springfield, the friend that bought it loves it as much as I did, the only complaint I have about the Taurus is the finish, its a bit thin.....I've never owned an RIA.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an old colt a taurus pt 1911 and a springfield. the pt 1911 has the most upgrades and is very reliable very accurate etc. I have heard and read all of the anti taurus BS. in my experience "Get the Taurus"

The Shadow Knows

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regardless of where it goes...Taurus is a black hole of customer service.

Plus you have to pay all the expense for sending to FL. That is a hunk of change now and there is NO guarantee they will fix it right. I don't know about the Rock Island unless they are made by the same people that made Charles Daly FS .45, the one I have is a great no frills .45.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a STI Spartan
Now that's one I would actually spend money on.

For those that haven't enjoyed the "Taurus customer service", I had to send a Taurus with an obviously defective barrel back 3 times to get the barrel replaced. By the way, shipping to Miami is $75, and I paid the shipping each time.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one Taurus .44 special 5 shot revolver and it was a great little gun, I can't believe I sold it and I didn't get much money for it, that was really a dumb decision. I saw a new Taurus 1911 the other day at Heartland Outdoors and there was a weird looking casting/machining screw-up on the control side in front of the trigger guard. You could see it from 10 feet away and I can't believe a gun like that ever left the factory.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At about 5000 rounds my PT1911 beat the threaded together halves apart on the factory 1 piece guide rod. Bought a wilsons guide rod for $27 and have since moved on. Factory warranty is only of value to me for a 1911 should the frame or slide decide to disentigrate. Your gonna pay overnight shipping for a RIA or Springfield if you use a warranty on them as well and it's just as expensive to overnight the gun to them as well.

YMMV but I have been very pleased with my PT1911.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
. Your gonna pay overnight shipping for a RIA or Springfield if you use a warranty on them as well and it's just as expensive to overnight the gun to them as well.

YMMV but I have been very pleased with my PT1911.

That's not true in regards to Springfield. Dunno about RIA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom