taurus VS. rock island?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akabickle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am glad so many people have good things to say about RIA, in my opinion most of the finishes of the Taurus 1911 models do look better and probably a stronger name, but for the price i may just pick up a RIA if i come across one i like. Thanks all!

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the slide was forward on the gun, you could take your finger and press lightly on the chamber and the barrel would move in the slide. I understand that this is common in broken in 1911s, but this was the worst slop I had seen. Forgive my ignorance and help me understand but it seems to me that the slide/barrel fit was poor and/or the toggle link was sloppy. It affected the accuracy as time went on as well so the barrel wasnt returning to the same position shot to shot.

Sounds like a bad barrel link. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 rounds through my Rock full size, and haven't had an issue of the barrel getting loose as you describe. Sounds like it needed to be sent in and have the Smith at Armscor Nevada take a look at it. I have sent in a couple that I have either had custom work done or for repair. So far out of my 5 Rocks. I've had a firing pin replaced, and a slide and barrel replaced on one I bought at a gunshow that was in REALLY poor condition.

tdkitch

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
that was a great comparison for the ria and the spinger....i own two springer xd and have been looking into the 1911 ....thank you for the pics....

bhp31

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i refuse to buy a Taurus autoloader ever since one literally fell apart in my hands during shooting (Beretta 92 copy)...

total pieces of crap....

now, i do like their revolvers for the most part...

Latest posts

Top Bottom