taurus VS. rock island?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at a Citadel, they are also Armscor products. I have a Citadel compact and the finish is a little better than my RIA full size and it comes stock with the skeletonized hammer and trigger and I believe a high beavertail. It is basically a RIA tactical. I got mine for $420.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the "MAJORITY" of RIA 1911's look very cheap and I would personally be annoyed with the break in period. I have shot a Taurus 1911 and it shoots fine but as for the physical look the Taurus has won my vote.

Not sure I understand this logic, the Taurus is prettier, so you bought it? :ugh2:

I have had 3 RIA, shot plenty of Taurus, but would not buy them because of the issues I had just shooting the ones I did. As to break in period, never had an issue with RIA, they are not so tight that they have to have a break in. The only pistol I have ever had that really needed a break in period was my Kahrs.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the "MAJORITY" of RIA 1911's look very cheap and I would personally be annoyed with the break in period. I have shot a Taurus 1911 and it shoots fine but as for the physical look the Taurus has won my vote.

I wouldn't say my RIA looks "cheap" even if so it is more how it shoots that matters.

as far as a break in as mentioned I have had 0 issues. I did not shoot the first 7 rounds but every round after that I pulled the trigger on or was done in front of me.

It was well worth the money spent on it IMO

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is one of the best looking RIAs I have ever seen. Well done.

All applause goes to Olyeller. The man, the myth, the legend.

As far as the quality of RIA is concerned, I wouldn't have put the money into personalizing it if I wasn't impressed with it.
Great shooter, accurate, reliable.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wall what sites and grips are those? Is that the tactical compact or did ya upgrade a regular one?

That's the regular compact that comes with GI sights. The grips are VZ gatorbacks, the MS housing is a 20 lpi VZ lightweight, trigger is nighthawk lightweight, rear sight is nowlin lowrider, front sight is custom made. All internals are stock, they were inspected but not changed. I was really impressed with this pistol when I bought it, only thing I didn't like was the smooth grips. I like a little more agressive grip. I'm hoping these vz's will bite a little more as they get broke in & the sheen gets wore off a little. They feel good but are a just a tiny bit slick. Much better than the stock grips though. I'm running Simonich gunner's grips on my full size & they bite great. Man, I wish I could find them in an officer size.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the regular compact that comes with GI sights. The grips are VZ gatorbacks, the MS housing is a 20 lpi VZ lightweight, trigger is nighthawk lightweight, rear sight is nowlin lowrider, front sight is custom made. All internals are stock, they were inspected but not changed. I was really impressed with this pistol when I bought it, only thing I didn't like was the smooth grips. I like a little more agressive grip. I'm hoping these vz's will bite a little more as they get broke in & the sheen gets wore off a little. They feel good but are a just a tiny bit slick. Much better than the stock grips though. I'm running Simonich gunner's grips on my full size & they bite great. Man, I wish I could find them in an officer size.

decent bit into it - looks good I am real impressed. I am not too enthusiastic about the stock grips and been looking for something different that feels better in my hand. I hope when I get mine in it can end up half as nice ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom