Taurus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

777 recon

Marksman
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just recently picked up a Taurus 24/7 45 cal. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I heard it had a long trigger pull. Never really was a big fan of Tuarus, but since Ruger has stepped in and helped. I thought I might give one a try.

P.S. Sorry, any advice

MISph1t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one in 9mm. Love it. I've heard of feed problems with the 45's but I think they got it ironed out. The double action does have a long pull but in single action it is very short. It does have a long take up if you release it completely but once you get used to the short reset it is very short.

A lot of people also seem to shoot low with the 24/7. Myself included. It is a POI sight instead of 6 O'clock hold. Another thing I discovered with myself is that if I aimed with the gun at shoulder level it was hitting about 4-6" low. By raising it up to eye level it was spot on.

There is some good info over at http://www.taurusarmed.net

Hope this helps some.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not quite sure what your post is about.

Are you wondering what the trigger pull is like? Since you bought the gun, make sure it's unloaded and dry fire it a couple times. Other than that, I really don't know what your post is for. Congrats on the new purchase though.

catPopper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry about the 24/7's guys. They shoot purty but can be a pain in the a$$. What ever you do, do not leave mags loaded longer than, oh say, one shooting session. Reckon the springs just can't stand up to the work. She'll go to mis-feeding something awful. And if it's a OSS model, keep a close eye on the recoil spring/guide rod assembly. They will shoot apart on occasion.

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got one in 9mm but it's the DS model with SA and a decocker safety... I'm pretty pleased with it, I've put about a thousand rounds thru it with only one fte. That said it is the newer DS model and is DA/SA not DAO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom