Tavor!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to shoot a friends TAVOR today. It was the black one with 16.5" barrel. He paid $2,200.- if I remember correctly.

His has had a trigger job from someone locally. I shot 55 gr fmj in a standard alum 30 round magazine. It was set up for right handed mode and had factory flip up iron sights integral to it's rail system. I shot it both right handed and left handed standing barracade from the 50 yard line. I shot approximatly 15-20 rounds through it total. When I shot it left handed the brass was ejecting toward my face and each ejected case hit me in the chin. It was more of an indirect hit at an angle because it did not hurt. *EACH round shot left handed actually hit me**

The worked over trigger is not "bad" but different than any AR or AK. I can best describe the trigger pull as being a long "Glock" style trigger with an even longer reset. I was supprised to see that it's safety was not ambi based upon the main design attempts at making the rifle completly ambi. It's obviously not a completely ambi weapon.

Would I buy one? No for that kind of price. I don't know how its more than (NEW) an $800-$900 weapon.

centraloklahoma

Last edited:

ddlstang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was an initial lusting statement, after a little more research I'm holding off. CDNN has them for $1999.00 also.

Like meeting a smoking hot girl, then you start talking to her and she has a 5th grade vocabulary, you start getting second thoughts.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was an initial lusting statement, after a little more research I'm holding off. CDNN has them for $1999.00 also.

Like meeting a smoking hot girl, then you start talking to her and she has a 5th grade vocabulary, you start getting second thoughts.

Why would you want to talk to her?

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even after a trigger job, meh. Too short for my lanky frame. Reminds me of a golf cart; fun to drive to 7-11, but not serious for a road trip... Just my opinion.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got to shoot a friends TAVOR today. It was the black one with 16.5" barrel. He paid $2,200.- if I remember correctly.

His has had a trigger job from someone locally. I shot 55 gr fmj in a standard alum 30 round magazine. It was set up for right handed mode and had factory flip up iron sights integral to it's rail system. I shot it both right handed and left handed standing barracade from the 50 yard line. I shot approximatly 15-20 rounds through it total. When I shot it left handed the brass was ejecting toward my face and each ejected case hit me in the chin. It was more of an indirect hit at an angle because it did not hurt. *EACH round shot left handed actually hit me**

The worked over trigger is not "bad" but different than any AR or AK. I can best describe the trigger pull as being a long "Glock" style trigger with an even longer reset. I was supprised to see that it's safety was not ambi based upon the main design attempts at making the rifle completly ambi. It's obviously not a completely ambi weapon.

Would I buy one? No for that kind of price. I don't know how its more than (NEW) an $800-$900 weapon.

centraloklahoma
After hearing this I wouldn't even consider buying one of these. Sounds like a big waste of time and money. I will stick with my m4.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After hearing this I wouldn't even consider buying one of these. Sounds like a big waste of time and money. I will stick with my m4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1fJRyGLx_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dizuRNL0HIs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd5abMIUdAQ

I am still curious what the original trigger felt like before the gunsmith work. I have seen a couple high quality youtube reviews of the Tavor and they comment on how poor the trigger is.

I agree with you completely. Best to stick with an AR platform. Parts availability and interchangability, performance, no brass hitting my chinny chin chin...

centraloklahoma

Last edited:

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[

I am still curious what the original trigger felt like before the gunsmith work. I have seen a couple high quality youtube reviews of the Tavor and they comment on how poor the trigger is.

I agree with you completely. Best to stick with an AR platform. Parts availability and interchangability, performance, no brass hitting my chinny chin chin...

centraloklahoma

Like a mushy PS90 before and a Sig 556 after. Not a lot you can do to it. Jared did a great job on the rifle, but not a lot you can do it.

triumphUnited

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Geissele is currently making a trigger for the Tavor. There is no ETA at this time but, if it's anything like the AR triggers they make, then i'm definately interseted. The only thing that worries me is what the price will be.

Cynthia_J

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd really like to get one. I really want an FS2000, but Tavors seem more available and still a bit less money. The AR platform is still the standard really like some have said, but sometimes I'm an idiot that will pay a premium to get something just because I think it's cool

Latest posts

Top Bottom