Well crap! I managed to avoid it for 3 years....until now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fortunately the current variants are not nearly as lethal as the first 2. So, most folks do well with just symptom treatment, like a cold or flu.
Hospitals have very few patients with Covid these days, & very old or immunosuppressed are most at risk.
Get well soon, call doc if severe symptoms

Last edited:

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

A few months ago, I tested positive. I was a tired ... would work at my desk and just hit a wall and have to go lay down for a short nap. Get up ... do a little work and hit that wall again. Lasted maybe three days.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're not alone. Wife and I avoided it all this time ... until last week. Tuesday morning, I mowed the back yard and called it quits. That afternoon, I hit the sack and slept for about four hours. Wednesday morning, tested positive. I was wiped out. Terrible sore throat ... I could hardly stand to swallow. Burning, watery eyes and sinus congestion. Lost some of my sense of smell and taste. Wife tested positive Thursday morning. We called our doctors and got on Paxlovid. I finished it yesterday .. wife finished it today. That stuff leaves a terrible taste in your mouth, but it seems to help. Now, I'm still just kinda worn out. Not much energy, but I've got to start getting some stuff done by the end of the week.

@thor447 - good luck, man ! Get well quick!

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're not alone. Wife and I avoided it all this time ... until last week. Tuesday morning, I mowed the back yard and called it quits. That afternoon, I hit the sack and slept for about four hours. Wednesday morning, tested positive. I was wiped out. Terrible sore throat ... I could hardly stand to swallow. Burning, watery eyes and sinus congestion. Lost some of my sense of smell and taste. Wife tested positive Thursday morning. We called our doctors and got on Paxlovid. I finished it yesterday .. wife finished it today. That stuff leaves a terrible taste in your mouth, but it seems to help. Now, I'm still just kinda worn out. Not much energy, but I've got to start getting some stuff done by the end of the week.

@thor447 - good luck, man ! Get well quick!
I had the exact symptoms last month. Started with a really runny nose. Had the worst sore throat ever. It felt like swallowing razor blades. Dr put me on paxlovid also. Tasted like i was sucking on pennies. Tested positive for 9 days. Still have a lingering cough.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve never had COVID. I mean, i lost taste and smell and was around plenty of people who had it, but I never got tested cuz I was in a commie state that wanted to track all that. So since 2020 I have never gotten Fauxvid19!

Latest posts

Top Bottom