Well crap! I managed to avoid it for 3 years....until now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've not had the kungflu yet either but starting to wonder if I've picked it up. I've woken up with a sinus headache two mornings in a row.

Yesterday, it wasn't bad at all just enough to say. :Heya:

Today, still not what I'd call bad really, but a little more emphasis like. :hey3:

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've woken up with a sinus headache two mornings in a row.

Some years ago, had a really bad sinus headache. Then came the fever. The headache became like an "ice cream headache" that one gets from eating something frozen too quick.

Go to the doctor ... he says it's my sinuses and gives me some antibiotics. Couple days go by, not getting better so on a Sunday we go to the ER.

He tells me that I am really sick and they are admitting me to the hospital. I told him I have some work to do on Monday ... he tells me I can go do the work and die or go to the hospital. Hospital it is.

They are checking me out ... one doctor checks my fanny, I throw up. Only thing that came to my mind was telling him, "Looks like I a not gay." Seven tries to give me a spinal tap before it took. Once they did that, I was a new man.

Not my sinuses ... I had meningitis.

EDIT ... To add ... About a month later, the first doctor's office sent us a bill for the misdiagnosis. My wife calls them about it, they ask if she would like to pay now and she "gently" explained why she would not be paying. They had to agree.

Last edited:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We just did the home tests. Big 10-4 on both.

ETA: We just noticed our test kits were expired over a year ago. So, who knows?

I read the government has extended the expiration date. They are sending out new kits for free again and noted that some may show expiration on the dates, but said to not worry about it, they are still good to go.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2023/09/29/expired-covid-tests-still-work/70986102007/

Check for your COVID test expiration date extension here ...

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices...vices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list
Scroll down the page and find your specific test kit. Go to it and look FIRST for the printed expiration date on your box ... that's the order they're in, oldest to newest (at least for my specific tests). THEN look for your lot number. New expiration date in right hand column.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got back from Nevada on Friday and began to feel pretty terrible. A COVID test on Saturday revealed a negative result. I was unable to get any restful sleep and was pretty miserable all weekend, but began to feel 'slightly' better on Monday (having not yet returned to work). I got a call that a few people from work tested positive for COVID on Monday, so today I took another test and sure enough, I got the Rona.

I think the worst of it is behind me now, but I really was hoping to avoid catching it entirely. Oh well, it would appear I got mild case of it. I am a walking co-morbidity and considering I'm already feeling like I'm on the mend, I feel like I got lucky.
I’m available to take guardianship over those watches and guns until you feel better. The things I do for people.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My COVID episode was fairly painless. Aside from a persistent fever, it was about as bad as the average cold...without the congestion. I had a day or two when I had no energy, the fever, a mild to moderate cough, and some general achiness. I'm about 90% over it as of tonight.

The wife had a little more of a rough time. It started a day earlier than mine and she's still got a sore throat (she said it was the worst she's ever had) and a few other symptoms. She also had some nausea...I didn't. But she's still feeling better.

Neither of us lost sense of taste or smell.

I'm thankful that's all there was to it for us.

Side note: I got a very early Moderna COVID vax plus the booster thru the VA. It was before all the hoopla and concern over the vax got wound up. I didn't pay attention to COVID, much less the controversy around the vax so I just got it when the VA recommended it (due to my age). My thinking was since I lived alone that best case it would lessen the severity if I got sick...I was mostly worried about being able to take care of my dogs. That's the main reason for getting it. If I'd known then what I know now, I wouldn't have. At any rate, that's water under the bridge and it's hard to say if it did any good. It sure as hell didn't keep me from getting it...which I knew it wouldn't, despite what the .gov peckerwoods were saying at the time. Wife is not vaxed.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might have had it two or three times - never tested (did not want kids kept home from school). Have had a cold/Rona for about three weeks, but it's about gone. Two weeks ago, I had huge amounts of dark brown to black nasal discharge (mucus and old blood) for a couple of days. Never had any other kind of nose bleed in my life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom