Well crap! I managed to avoid it for 3 years....until now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got back from Nevada on Friday and began to feel pretty terrible. A COVID test on Saturday revealed a negative result. I was unable to get any restful sleep and was pretty miserable all weekend, but began to feel 'slightly' better on Monday (having not yet returned to work). I got a call that a few people from work tested positive for COVID on Monday, so today I took another test and sure enough, I got the Rona.

I think the worst of it is behind me now, but I really was hoping to avoid catching it entirely. Oh well, it would appear I got mild case of it. I am a walking co-morbidity and considering I'm already feeling like I'm on the mend, I feel like I got lucky.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of symptoms did you have? Wife got sick two days ago...tickly cough, very achy all over, bad headache, some nausea. It took two days but last night I started feeling the cough coming on and I feel like I got hit by a truck today. Headache, but not as severe as hers. Neither of us lost taste or smell. Of course one of the new variants is the first thing I thought of. But who knows? We went to the VA hospital last Wed so probably picked something up there.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Adam, hoping for a speedy recovery for you and anyone else that gets the crap. We have a few out at work including the boss. It’s going back around for the 5th or 6th time but seems to be mostly mild.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck and I mean it.

Took me a couple months to really start to feel right again.

My breathing has not been the same tho.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of symptoms did you have? Wife got sick two days ago...tickly cough, very achy all over, bad headache, some nausea. It took two days but last night I started feeling the cough coming on and I feel like I got hit by a truck today. Headache, but not as severe as hers. Neither of us lost taste or smell. Of course one of the new variants is the first thing I thought of. But who knows? We went to the VA hospital last Wed so probably picked something up there.
Initially just horrible sinus pressure and absolutely zero energy all weekend. Now the sinus pressure is starting to lessen, but my skin feels really clamming, and actually itches when I wear a shirt. Odd sensation. No loss of taste or smell.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Me too since a week ago Saturday but the test results were negative. Feeling better yesterday and today. Hope everyone feels better. It's more annoying than anything.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Initially just horrible sinus pressure and absolutely zero energy all weekend. Now the sinus pressure is starting to lessen, but my skin feel really clamming, and actually itches when I wear a shirt. Odd sensation. No loss of taste or smell.

I had a weird sensation on the center of my chest and back. It almost felt like mild burning and it was itchy. I've never had that before. Hope you ride it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom