Tech Layoffs Coming Tidal Wave - The Tracker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carvana may have problems other than market-related. I haven't watched Steve Lehto's most recent video on the subject, but its title says that Carvana is surrendering its dealership license and paying a fine in one state.
I bought my most recent car from Carvana. Took them 8 months to get me the title. Paid a decent penalty when I registered and got plates.

Otherwise, the whole thing was great. Customer service was excellent in person and over the phone. Buying process was easy, simple, and clear.

Sad to see them having issues because if they could get their title/legal stuff in order (I hear that's what most of the lawsuits and complaints are about) they'd be doing fine.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad to see them having issues because if they could get their title/legal stuff in order (I hear that's what most of the lawsuits and complaints are about) they'd be doing fine.
Steve Lehto has covered them a few times, and it sounds like they've had other issues, such as delivering the wrong car to the buyer (same make and model, but wrong VIN), but the "timely title" issue seems to be the big one. That's what led to them to surrendering their dealer's license in Michigan, anyway.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The title issue is why I would never buy from Carvana anyway. That, and not being able to drive the vehicle prior to the sale is another.
I think CarMax is the closest to this model I would be comfortable with. I have bought 1 car and sold 1 truck to CarMax and both experiences were awesome and very simple.

The car I bought was in upstate NY, so I paid the $500 or whatever to have it shipped to OKC so I could go over it and drive it before committing. They let me put it on a lift so I could look all over the bottom since it came from up North and I had a friend go over the body to verify no moderate to heavy repairs had been done.

The truck I sold to them was super smooth too. It was the only time I sold/traded a vehicle to a dealership where the note was paid off before I had to make another payment. Paperwork was all crazy simple and done in a single visit.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Goldman Sachs posts its worst earnings miss in a decade as revenue falls while expenses rise​

Goldman Sachs on Tuesday posted its largest earnings miss in a decade as revenue fell and expenses and loan loss provisions came in higher than expected.

Here's what the investment bank reported:

Goldman said quarterly profit plunged 66% from a year earlier to $1.33 billion, or $3.32 per share, about 39% below the consensus estimate. That made for the largest EPS miss since October 2011, according to Refinitiv data.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The title issue is why I would never buy from Carvana anyway. That, and not being able to drive the vehicle prior to the sale is another.

I made sure to view the CarFax history on each one I looked at.
I took a risk on one that spent a year or two in the northeast.
When they drop it off they have you test drive it for a few minutes while they prep paperwork. I signed for it, but took it to a shop to give it a closer look. WAY TOO RUSTED further inside than I could see without some disassembly.

You have 7 days to test the car and decide if you want it so I called to return it. They told me to just call them when I found the one I wanted and they'd make the swap.
Found a similar model with less miles a couple of days later and went with that one instead. No serious rust on this one.

They say you only get 2 swaps and are stuck with the 3rd one BUT I think I could have talked them into waiving that policy due to the problems with the first one and they need the business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom