Teenager Outgrows Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9mmTeacher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my son a Marlin XS7 youth in .243 a couple years ago. He took a nice deer with it last season. However, he has grown about 8 inches since Nov, and the stock doesn't fit now. Any suggestions?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get an extended recoil pad. Brownells and others sell them.
Or, look for another stock. They really aren't that expensive. You can go with wood, synthetic, tactical, or what ever you want.
If its his rifle, let him decide.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I'm seeing, the XS7 is also offered in a standard adult size. Factory stock may be the way to go. The action will be the same on the youth or full size.

Onslow

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Get a 2X4(or your choice of lumber) and copy the outline of the butt on the wide 2X side.
Cut and then sand to shape.
Screw to the stock after piloting the screw holes in the NEW addon piece and the stock if neccesary,
Then reattach buttplate and then cover with slipon buttpad.

Idk, just trying to think of somethin you can do yourself or with your son.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd recommend Boyd's thumbhole stock and a CBI barrel swap - ta-da you are ready to go play some long(er) range.

P.S. I've shot XS7y for quite extensively with the youth stock. I'm 6'2 and all I had to do move the scope about 1/2" forward; LOP is not all that they make it out to be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom